Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video tour I made for the Smarty UDC Professional Software that was released today. Keep in mind I don't work for them or get anything from them. Like many of you, I've been waiting a long time to get a look at this software...

I've been told they expect to work backwards in 2 week blocks through the generations to get all the trucks working with it. Just at a brief look, it seems like there are a LOT of things in here to play with. Not sure how much more will be added or how this will stack up to EFI Live or HP Tuners stuff.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Still looking forward to using some kind of better tuning.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
"Interface" itself is a little different to EFILive. Looks to me like the tables you are accessing are the same. Some of those "redundant" ones in pilot and timing are variations based on air density. I wonder if it's complete datalogging now?

·
Registered
438 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
460 Posts
I didn't see boost limited fueling anywhere... Would be nice to not have to repurchase all my tuning. However, I still don't hear much coming from the Mads/Smarty camp yet so I will keep my hopes in check.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Subed! just rebuild my trans, By the time i have recovered [$] i want to give UDC Pro a try!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry but that is not going to compete with hpt.

Auger, I'm weighing my options on which one is the better product. Can you elaborate a bit on why you think HPT is the better option?

I'm still not sure if I made the switch what all I would need. I'd like to know whether the Nguage or Ndash works with the HPT on the cummins and wether or not there is a pyro option or if it can read all the SCI PID's that the touch can?

·
Registered
16 Ram 5500 Aisin | 2016 Ram 1500 diesel
22 Posts
Auger, I'm weighing my options on which one is the better product. Can you elaborate a bit on why you think HPT is the better option?

I'm still not sure if I made the switch what all I would need. I'd like to know whether the Nguage or Ndash works with the HPT on the cummins and wether or not there is a pyro option or if it can read all the SCI PID's that the touch can?

I'll try not to derail this thread too much. I've never used Smarty products. IMHO, HPT is a far more integrated approach to our early 3rd gens. HPT provides 2 programs: scanning and editing. Thorough data logging is essential. Here's a walk through video: https://youtu.be/KxzpLw99i2o

Having the ability to smooth maps and fine tune to this extent is well worth the $ (retail $500-$650).

I don't know if the Nguage or Ndash will work in combination, but if you buy the MPVI Pro you have the option of wiring in 4 electric sensors of your choice to track in logging.

After stream lining the stock file, I already need to turn the power down to save my clutch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.