Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well chance put down 600 horses & 1200lbft...

Super phatshaft 66, pdi manifold, 80 horse ddps, and all the lil boltons plus smarty sw9 and mp8

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Nice numbers! Did he have a stock lift pump and CP3? If so I would like to see those numbers after he fixed the fueling problems with having stix and a stock fuel system.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Big numbers... more details please!

Any idea how rail pressure held up?

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Runin ppe lift pump set at 25 psi at idle, and the arson jr kit
Rp was good

Dominator diesel, TX provided the smarty

·
Registered
72 Posts
Super phatshaft 66, pdi manifold, 80 horse ddps, and all the lil boltons plus smarty sw9 and mp8, with rail pressure still good. I don't want to sound rude, but 600hp isn't very high with all those mods. Sounds like they need to do some tuning.

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They put the smarty on and got on the dyno. Plus how many other 6.7s are over 600?? Not trying to be rude

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I put out 381 with just the Edge. Lol. sure wish I could have borrowed the smarty for a run.

There weren't many 6.7s there. I only saw 5 including mine.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
I only know of one other 6.7 making 600+ HP so you did a good job IMHO. Those are some nice numbers for a single turbo truck. And all these trucks are just going to get better with time..

·
Registered
35 Posts
idk about the rest of u but 1200lbs of tq sounds good. was the dyno able to read past 1200?

·
Valair Clutch
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah its big dyno jet. They dyno 1k plus horse trucks in the big dog shootout

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Good numbers :thumbsup: Torque is what moves the sled :party018:

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Unless your a "racer", Torque is the only thing that a driver feels, and horsepower is just sort of an esoteric measurement. Where is that you think horse power comes from?

More torque the better! I think that is why most of love to mod these trucks to feel that "Torque"

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congrats on the numbers....

I don't know a lot about cummins yet but would 600HP with all those mods be considered good on a common rail 5.9?:confused013:

Just asking cause with equivalent mods and EFI instead of the smarty/mp8 a dmax would be a little more then that if the internals held up:whip:

Not trying to start a cummins vs. duramax thing just stating...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Congrats on the numbers....

I don't know a lot about cummins yet but would 600HP with all those mods be considered good on a common rail 5.9?:confused013
Yes sir it would. My guess would be 50 more horse power and 100ft pounds of torque more than a 5.9 with similar mods.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
Just asking cause with equivalent mods and EFI instead of the smarty/mp8 a dmax would be a little more then that if the internals held up:whip:

Not trying to start a cummins vs. duramax thing just stating...
Well heres the thing when comparing a cummins to a duramax. For the money that you would spend on Injectors, single turbo, EFI live, Lift pump, exhaust, CAI, and labor of installing its going to cost alot more then doing the same on a cummins. Though its real easy to get a duramax to the 500hp to 600hp mark without some of the hardware upgrades that you need to do on a cummins to get to that same HP. But to go beyond that its going to cost you. For the money that you would spend on a duramax and can put alot more on a cummins and make alot more power. Its alot cheaper to make 800hp out of a cummins the it is on a duramax. Though its cheaper to make 600hp out of a duramax then it is out of a cummins CR. But at the end of the day the beauty of a cummins is it makes it's power down low.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
Yes sir it would. My guess would be 50 more horse power and 100ft pounds of torque more than a 5.9 with similar mods.
well my buddy (which he is on here) has a 06, he has a 62 or 64 turbo, crazy larry, and a dr. p fuel box. I want to say dynoed around the 525 mark. with his 100 or 120 shot of spray he made around 610hp. keep in mind he has stock injectors. with the best 1/4 mile time of 12.4

I think if he traded the spray for 90hp injectors he would be at the 600 mark still but I really doubt he would make the same torque. It would be lower.
"What I meant by Lower torque is. the 5.9 over all would still make lower torque then a 6.7. I did not mean that Spray would make more torque then more fuel"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts