Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smarty TNT Revo Settings

18K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  hunterhd590 
#1 ·
Just curious to see what settings you guys are running. My truck is pretty much stock besides FASS, intake, and clutch. Right now the settings are SW9, timing-default, RP-2, wastegate- off, and torque managment-wild. I am worried about using the timing setting, and wondering which one to use. If someone could point me in the direction to go on the timing and rail pressure, I would be greatly appreciated. I plan on going the the track tomorrow so if you can help please do so. As of right now I think it runs about the same as it did before?

#2 ·
I am also interested in what everyone is running. I have been having problems with the Hot juice and have recently took out the juice box and downloaded the smarty. There is a lot of power and it is smooth all the way to redline, however it smokes Like a choo choo train. How can I run this thing with less smoke? I have a pretty big turbo and it takes a little bit to spool it but daily driving I don't want to smoke out everyone. I miss the in cab adjustability of the juice.

#3 ·
If you dont like the smoke, go back to 4.11 or the REVO non-TNT. I too have a turbo that likes to lag and with TNT I have to be very conservative with the loud pedal until I see 10psi. With REVO non-TNT I can control smoke WAY better. :peelout

#4 ·
TNT is more for trucks that have the supporting mods. Without them you wont see much improvement over standard SW.

I would suggest running REVO non-TNT on SW#9 TQ-4 TM-4 and default everything else. This should give you the best of all worlds....good MPG, low temps, and keep that stock turbo together!!!:thumbsup

#6 ·
Thanks! I will give that a try. Running the timing on 4 will not hurt anything correct? Anyone else have any suggestions?

#5 ·
Would my truck in my sig be for the tnt because thats what im runnin, im runnin it on sw 5 and everything else on 2. With the wategate off, and the shift defuel off.

#10 ·
Like I stated earlier....without the supporting mods for TNT, you are not using it to its full potential. Without stix, turbo and solid RP, TNT is not going to give you what it was made for. I would suggest going with what I said before with regards to settings on the REVO!!

Again, this is purely my opinion. Feel free to do what you like...:thumbsup

#9 ·
my truck is pretty much still bone stock even down to the lift pump.

TNT on #2; RP default; TM stock; timeing stock feels about as strong as revo #6 with similar settings(except I run TM on wild)

I found running TM at anything above stock causes my RP to drop too much and I have no power below 2K.

#12 ·
Get a LP ASAP!!!! Your poor CP3 is begging for more fuel:CRY:...do you have a LP psi gauge????

If not, then I would be willing to bet you are pulling your FP down to 0-2psi, which is no good for your CP3!!!:thud:

#17 ·
i just got my smarty tnt and have been running mine the last two days on #9 with rail preasure on 1 and torq on wild. and man does it pull hard. I cant belive it wont slip my clutch and i got 38,000 miles on it and tons of racing and my turbo is on stock. I know i need a fass and turbo to fully use it but money isnt there right now. is this normal for a truck to run good on these settings like this? I havent had any problems and have a great powerband.

#18 ·
im with you on this i dont have the money for it right now but have been running mine on just #5 with rp2,tq3, and it pulls crazy hard. Ive got 72,000 on my stock clutch and it is holding strong even towing a trailer:thumbsup.....had a powerjoke try and run me when he was empty and i had a 16ft W&W stock trailer on!

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
Yeah I was thinking of doing that, but then I got SMART!:thumbsup

#20 ·
Hmmmmm.....

#21 ·
I just downloaded the TNT REVO last night. I'm going to play around with it today and see how it feels on SW#9.

#22 ·
?

at the risk of sounding like a complete moron, what exactly is the revo software thing all about? I have a smarty version s-06 but have never hooked it up to the internet for any updates. Should I have? I mostly leave the truck on setting #3 because of the stock tranny, but i may be getting some tranny upgrades soon, and I want to know about this revo stuff, how it works , where you download it to, etc etc

I am not the most computer literate guy in the world, so bear with me.

If the revo stuff is not exactly for my truck's applications, is there any updates my smarty should have? I've seen guys mention different versions that they keep in their computer files, but i really have no idea what they are talking about. Sorry for all the questions and the hijack

#26 ·
check the mods in my signature... someone help on some ideas i wanna do away with the diablo stack and get a smarty for fine tuning...what would be to set thje settings for daily driving then what wud be good for the strip???

#27 ·
I gotta turn my tune down, just got done doing the ddp90 nozzles/airdog150/hellman sump/edge ez.

What should my timing be with the nozzles? any different?

Im running sw8 tq1 tm2 maybe i forget, rp default, wastegate off. Any ideas? gets way too hot way to quick

#28 ·
:hehe: You aren't going to run cool with all that fuel on a stock turbo. :spank: Your problem isn't software, it's AIR... (The LACK of it)

Before you start fine tuning your SW, make sure your hard parts are up to it! :thumbsup:

#30 ·
what should i set my smarty s06 at with just a bd valvebody until i get my fuel pump and TQ? and i still have a extreme power puck, can i run that with the smarty on an even tune? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.