Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a little dissapointed in my smarty revo, as ive been running sw9 for a little while now. Last night I hooked up to a 7.3 power stroke on the road, and she didnt have the power to spin the tires! It was an even match as the Ford spun all fours (35" bf ats) but mine sat there like a dead duck.

So I tired to power break the truck, I heard the sound of a spooling turbo, and as it felt like it was about to break them loose, its just stopped building power, putting a light haze of smoke out the stacks. Anyone got a clue? i dont have a rail gauge, or any fuel mods, could it be its just not getting enough fuel?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Im a little dissapointed in my smarty revo, as ive been running sw9 for a little while now. Last night I hooked up to a 7.3 power stroke on the road, and she didnt have the power to spin the tires! It was an even match as the Ford spun all fours (35" bf ats) but mine sat there like a dead duck.

So I tired to power break the truck, I heard the sound of a spooling turbo, and as it felt like it was about to break them loose, its just stopped building power, putting a light haze of smoke out the stacks. Anyone got a clue? i dont have a rail gauge, or any fuel mods, could it be its just not getting enough fuel?

upload the tnt and use the tranny tigger option, then say oh snap :lol3:

·
Registered
529 Posts
How do people not notice much of a power difference with the Smarty on #9? What is that like 170 extra rwhp? I have a Smarty Jr. on 70hp and it's a night and day difference from a stock truck. Is your trans slipping?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you adjust the options before dowloading catcher #9. When I 1st downloaded Revo on #7 & 9, I was disapointed also. Then adjusted options before download & on catcher #9, TM 4, Press 1, Timing 0, Wastegate off, truck felt alot stronger & more of what I expected from Smarty. With mods in sig & stock fuel system & those settings I dynoed 495/1012 uncorrected on a dynojet.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
i dunno what is wrong with the ones that arent impressed...... i am extremely impressed with the tnt tune. and i havent been above #5 yet.....and its feels stronger than the 4.11 tune on 9

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
hmm?? You say you had the tnt downloaded? What was the tq management on?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I was not impressed with the Revo, I was more impressed with the 4.11 that my smarty came with then the Revo, then I downloaded the TNT, OMG :peelout, THIS TUNE ROCKS

·
Banned
516 Posts
i agree tnt is crazy!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Dont get me wrong, im VERY impressed with the Smarty, It just doesnt seem to carry out the tire burning torque I expected. For the record the trannys as tight as can be!

I noticed the new revo allows me to go in and tweek the timing, rail pres, waste gate and other stuff. I didnt touch any of that stuff. If I dare, what would be some good strong settings, that wont kill the motor?

TNT sounds GREAT! but I dont have any fuel upgrades and was told that was a MUST for that tune. If I was told wrong, please let me know! If not whats a good easy to do fuel mod thats not going to kill my pocket or require intense labor?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts