Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smarty stacking questions

388 2
Ive got the mp8 and fleece boost controller and I like to have the ability to adjust them on the fly for whatever Im doing. I had the edge juice with attitude and ran the fleece controller on the truck with no problems. I am pretty sure that setting the rp on the smarty to 0 and still using the mp8 will be the way to go with that stack. I would have no problems using the dr07 or 08 update with the smarty and still using my boost fooler but from what I read everyone saw better results with the dr09 update that included boost fooling. Any advice will be appreciated so I dont break anything
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Reconnaissance Expert
1,718 Posts
you dont need to use the fleece or the mp8 with the smarty. Unless you want to blow head gaskets. My truck with just the smarty on 7 runs better, cooler and is faster than it was with my edge on hot and mp8 100

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes its not recommened that you stack the smarty with the mp-8, because the mp-8 basicly makes more fuel sooner which advances the combustion which causes excess pressure making head gaskets fail. Something like that anyways. When using the smarty for added rail pressure the smarty take into configuration that its getting more fuel so it adjusts everything accordingly. Something like that... non the less bad idea to stack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.