Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smarty stack

2K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  MoparProud 
#1 ·
hey guys, i've got a smarty tnt on my truck an i was wonderin wat would be the best programmer to stack with it, thanks for the help

#2 ·
What other mods do you have? Do you have enough fuel to push another box? What about a turbo to help cool it? Trans work to handle the power? Try the MP-8.

#3 · (Edited)
06 cummins, industrial injection 200hp injectors, industrial injection race twins, industrial injection dual CP3, ats exhaust & intake manifold, ats intercooler, single 6" stack, an south bend clutch

#6 ·
Sounds like you have it covered. I'd go w MP-8 or the TST. Use caution if stacking TST so you do not use too much timing. You can melt down your engine.

#5 ·
i think that should bout cover it, if u guys need ne more info jus lemme kno, thanks again for the help

#7 · (Edited)
thanks, i picked up alot internal engine parts from haisley machine an i would be PISSED if ne of that stuff melted down

oh, now the signature starts to work

#33 ·
No, no, yes. PPE and BullyDog are both programmers, just like Smarty. Quadzilla has modules or boxes that connect underhood, so yes it will work. Ive been keeping an eye on the Quad Adrenaline, since I cant run TST. If I could, Id run Smarty/TST/MP8, but since I cant Im just on Smarty for now...

If your truck was built 6/06 or later, no go on the TST. Stick with the MP8, or the Dr. P seems to be pretty good also

#13 ·
This is wat I would do for a stack... Smarty/TST/Mp-8 Smarty for timing and fuel, TST for fuel and a Mp-8 for pressure..

#17 ·
I'd hope you already have a fuel guage and yes if your gonna add a pressure box I would def get a rail pressure guage

#22 ·
The Danin guages had some glitchs but I think they have an updated wiring harness to fix the problem.. I personally never ran one but I had the quad RP guage and that one gave me all kinds of problems.. You prob got one of the few that perform good..

#23 ·
boost, egt, fuel press

i've already replaced them once, they werent reading correctly an would go "crazy" at random times, go from no reading to maxed out

#27 ·
Trucks running great I have yet to get it back on the Dyno since I got the TNT/R but I did my 618hp with the smarty on SW# 7 and my Mp-8 on 25% I was at a Dyno day and was only able to make 3 runs but she's running great now I just gotta get back on and do some tuning

#29 ·
Yea I'd like too maybe in the next month or two.. Have you ever had yours on the Dyno?? I did 295hp completely stock

#31 ·
IMO that's the best way to see how your mods are working everytime you do something new to your tuck just take it to the track and see if it betters your time... Dynos are nice but it's hard to find one with a good operator I have been to too many were the operator had no clue how to setup for a diesel...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.