Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
New to the forum, but i've spent quite a few hours reading all the threads & searching older posts.

I have a 05 Cummins with a bullydog Tripple pup. I have my eye on the Smarty S-06. I see the smarty has tunes both with & without timing (from what I have gathered for some sort of stacking).

If I leave the Bullydog on "economy / Tow" - is it safe to run the Smarty?

& if stacking, do I want the tune "with" or "without" timing?

Sorry for so many questions, but theres alot to this stuff with rail pressure, timing etc...

Last thing I want to do is melt a piston or anything so I guess its better to ask. I will say the information on this forum is friggin' awesome!!!

Thanks for any & all information

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
The Smarty and Bullydog are both programmers that reprogram the trucks computer....you can't load one,then load the other. The truck has to start out with the stock program to load the software.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
correct you can only stack a module (something that plugs in under the hood) and a programmer ( something that reflashes the computer through the OBD port in the truck)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See! Learn something new everyday.

The Bullydog was in the truck when I bought it & I do NOT have the physical programmer - is there anyway to get the computer back to stock without having the dealer flash it?

Or will the smarty over write the tune that is in the truck. Just don't want a problem!

·
Premium Member
15,585 Posts
See! Learn something new everyday.

The Bullydog was in the truck when I bought it & I do NOT have the physical programmer - is there anyway to get the computer back to stock without having the dealer flash it?

Or will the smarty over write the tune that is in the truck. Just don't want a problem!
If you buy a Smarty there is a way to get it back to stock. :thumbsup

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you buy a Smarty there is a way to get it back to stock. :thumbsup

awesome. I am going to buy the Smarty tomorrow then.

Which of the supporting vendors sell the smarty? Rather give them the business.

When I had my Duramax - I got DUSTED by a Cummins Crew Cab - it smoked like a ******* off the line then crushed me. Will the smarty give me that bad A$$ smoke when its turned up to a high setting?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
yea it'll smoke pretty good on the higher settings. i'd also look into getting a lift pump in the future as well, those in tank pumps have been know it fail at random. let us know if we can help you out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts