Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 dodge and i was trying to decide if i wanted the smarty sr. or the smarty jr. i want as much smoke as possible and other than an intake the truck is stock as can be. no gauges, no nothing. i dont want to get to crazy with the power since my foot will want to try it out. if anyone out there could help me with this decision it would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks.:peelout

oh and what was yalls gains as far as driveability and mpg

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you arent willing to install guages then you should probably stick with a mild programmer or one that has built in guages. More smoke is going to come from more fuel which = higher egts. Anytime you pump the power up more than stock you really should monitor your egts. As far as the Smarty or Smarty JR., I would go with the Smarty SR. Just because you can run on SW9 doesnt mean you have to. I left mine on 3 until I installed my guages and it was still really fun to drive.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I prefer the full smarty it will give you more flexibility in your software choices.You also won't outgrow it as your power desire grows. :peelout

Bob

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the Smarty Jr. You can run the 100 hp program and be safe without gauges. I like my Smarty Jr and less of a chance of breaking something if you let your right foot get out of control !!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
you will like the Smarty sr. it has alot of new toons coming soon. you can see some good videos of the smarty puutin' out power!:thumbsup:peelout

1 - 6 of 6 Posts