Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Smarty dont get me wrong i love the power but is there anyway to get rid off some of the smoke?

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts
I am running a Smarty dont get me wrong i love the power but is there anyway to get rid off some of the smoke?

You can clear driving smoke with more air (bigger turbo).

If it's smoke at low boost you're always going to have some level of it. The best thing to do is to stay out of hard throttle until your boost is up. The boosted air will clear the smoke.

Have you tried the 4.11 programming from the website?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What will the 4.11 do? Not sure which one i have got now?

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts
What will the 4.11 do? Not sure which one i have got now?

The 4.11 tuning produces less smoke than previous Smarty tunes. When did you buy your Smarty?

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
yeah you got 4.11 bra
ok if the smoke is happening anywhere below 1600 -1700 than that is your driving more or less, as stated above roll on to the throttle progressively as boost builds.
anywhere below 1500 i can kill old ladies and trees so i dont think you can get rid of the smoke without going back to stock tune...?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob i sent u a pm but u must not have got it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do i know what torque manage i have?

·
Banned
393 Posts
Hey trailboss, what part of AR you in?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
When you plug the Smarty in, you'll get numbers...don't remember what it exactly looks like but it'll have a version number (3 digits) some letters then some more digits. The second set of three digits is the torque management 1xx = stock, 2xx = mild, 3xx = moderate and 4xx=wild.

EDIT: just saw you posted your version before. Looks like you have mild loaded. You could give stock a try...though you will lose some low end torque...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts