Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does running either of these require the need for a lift pump upgrade? On stock mine stays at 15, and the lowest I have gotten it is at 5 with the puck on 90.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
i would definatley do a lift pump upgrade the smarty will pull you down way low if saw 5 with the puck, the smarty capable of 230hp.

·
Registered
716 Posts
a lift pump would be a very good idea. i actually have a fass sitting at the house but my stocker is still holding up good, even with tnt on sw9. so until my stoker gives up i'm gonna keep the fass on the shelf

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Depends on how high you turn the Smarty up. You can get by with the stocker but you would be wise you go with an aftermarket unit that will filter to 2 microns or less.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i would definitely do a lift pump, bosch (who made the vp-44) recommends no less than 10psi at WOT. any less and your running the risk of destroying your vp44 i put a glacier LP on mine, i dont have a chip YET:lol3: but mine doesnt go below 14 psi at WOT

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
i would definitely do a lift pump, bosch (who made the vp-44) recommends no less than 10psi at WOT. any less and your running the risk of destroying your vp44 i put a glacier LP on mine, i dont have a chip YET:lol3: but mine doesnt go below 14 psi at WOT
CP3 is good to 0 psi...it's just better to have pressure.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Depends on how high you turn the Smarty up. You can get by with the stocker but you would be wise you go with an aftermarket unit that will filter to 2 microns or less.
:agree2: was gonna say the same thing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts