Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running my smarty on level5 so far i was thinking of trying a higher setting what kind of damage is it going to do if i try a higher #?:$:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yep, hard to resist, isn't it? I bought my Smarty three weeks ago, started out on SW#3, then went to SW#7, and I am now running Smarty REVO, SW#9, default option settings. I have been running SW#9 for the last two weeks, switched to REVO this past weekend. I have had no problems. However, I drive very conservative,trucks my daily driver. The only time i give it any pedal is when passing someone. I do baby the throttle more than I use, prior to the Smarty, because it is definitely more sensitive.

Based on your sig, looks like you are basically stock, including the tranny. For this reason, if you decide to go any higher, be careful. No WOT or racing, if you do, you will more than likely trash your stock tranny!

I have seen a 3 mpg increase when I went to SW#3, and my MPG increase remians the same with SW#9, however, I now have increased throttle response and definitely more power. But with more power comes more caution...words to the wise!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts