Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a Smarty and what is the highest setting I could run without dealing with any issues...ie my clutch slipping. I was thinking 3 or maybe 5. Is it best to just use the regular default settings or can you do better by adjusting the tm, tq, ... separately. What are your alls recommendation for a stock truck with a Smarty. I mainly want better fuel mileage but also more power is nice.

·
Registered
172 Posts
well Ive just started messing with mine. Not for sure what i have it set up for. someone will chime in here or do a search on it. till i downloaded the new update i just ran around on 3 i still have stock tranny. I do have gauges though to keep an eye on everything. hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I have searched some but most people have automatics or have other mods along with a Smarty.

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
the 90 horse setting is as high as you want to go on the stock clutch.. either level 4 with no timing or level 5 with timing, as long as you dont go around holding it to the floor every time you get ready to shuft, she will hold up...

·
Banned
516 Posts
agreed with 90 hp.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I drove mine for months before I slipped mine running 9 on the weekends. and before I had it I ran a bully dog and friday threw sunday it was up. But I wouldnt turn it up all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks. I just got it from a buddy and set torque management to 2 and the other settings stock and set the catcher to 3. It is definitely a different truck. What about adjusting the Injection Timing and the Rail Pressure?

·
Registered
950 Posts
i was looking to see what each of the other settings do for our trucks as far as egt mpg and power. any input would help i trying not to kill my auto trany

1 - 10 of 10 Posts