Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running on level 9 with timing. ...truck is burning a lot of gas. Can I get away on level 7 with just as much power with my mods?

What level are most of you all running on with upgraded transmissions and turbos?

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
IF YOU US DIESEL IT MIGHT HELL!!!GAS ISN'T AS GOOD! hheeeee...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies...really referring to highway mileage. I run 350 miles weekly for work It is not too surprising to lose a little economy when making serious power, but I am trying level 7 to see if it changes much.

With a single turbo, I am wondering if I can use all the fuel on level 9.

Your thoughts please...

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Well youve got your truck set up for some power. Power requires fuel (not gas). The only way you will be able to save is to turn your Smarty down, but even then you probably wont save much after that. Just one of those things you have to deal with like the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i run my smarty on 9 most of the time but this past tank i turned it down to level 5, kept my foot out of it and got 19.1 mpg all in town with some morning warm up times, one messing around with a d max time, and hauling furniture in the bed and still got 19.1

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Unless you're running WOT, there's little difference between each level at cruising speeds. TORQUE MANAGEMENT is what kills fuel mileage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of mpgs are most of you getting in town/highway on level 7 or 9?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Iam running level 9/mild torque management. I get 18 mpg city/highway and 20/21 straight highway doing 70/75 mph. I keep my foot out of the throttle most of the, drive very conservative, no wot. Love the the smooth power of the Smarty!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like I am right in there. Getting about 18 city/20 hwy at 72-74 mph.

I am going to try level 7 for a trip and see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I try to keep mine on 7 and im getting 18 city and 21highway."according to the display"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts