Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone had any problems with the new smarty for the 6.7?? my buddy bought one and loaded it on his truck and seems like it did nothing for it, no smoke or nothing. The edge box and ts had way more power! Whats up with that???:confused013:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
anyone had any problems with the new smarty for the 6.7?? my buddy bought one and loaded it on his truck and seems like it did nothing for it, no smoke or nothing. The edge box and ts had way more power! Whats up with that???:confused013:
This must be a joke or a pot stiring fishing trip.

Your friend did not load it onto his truck correct. I have an Edge and MP8 and the Smarty is twice as fast.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a joke, the smarty says its on catcher level 9. does your truck put out any smoke at all with the smarty?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and by the way im not downing smarty at all, i have it on my truck and its bada$$, jus thought there might be a problem with his programmer or his truck.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
with or without deletes?

If he hasn't done the deletes, he won't get anything except a plugged up dpf, running hard on #9. I can get a little smoke without getting on it too hard. I'm only running level 3, tq mgmnt 2, timing 2, and rp stock. Also, i think the s67 software (compared to the s67me) will be a lot lower on smoke anyway just to preserve the dpf.

Really need to know more about your friends truck, like what upgrades he's done, other than smarty.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
right. if you dont do the deletes the truck will not smoke..also..what have you got done to the truck to be running it on 9? if you have a stock truck and crank it up. you may be starving the truck for fuel. the lift pump will not be able to supply in factory mode..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
450 Posts
right. if you dont do the deletes the truck will not smoke..also..what have you got done to the truck to be running it on 9? if you have a stock truck and crank it up. you may be starving the truck for fuel. the lift pump will not be able to supply in factory mode..:thumbsup:

Correction if you dont get the deletes you will get lots of soot RIGHT IN YOUR INTAKE!!! if you plan on keeping the truck you need to do the deletes.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'll assume he has done the deletes. If you are comparing this tune to the 5.9 TNT tune than yes there is a lot less smoke. This tune is similar to the standard REVO tunes that the 5.9's have, which I think people had called smokeless. There is smoke when you really get on it, but not nearly the smoke that a TNT tune does.

I still question if he has it loaded it correct with the right settings. I am not kidding when I say that on SW9 my truck feels twice as fast as my truck did with the edge on 5 and the MP8 at 100%. It also feels a ton smoother.

Keep playing!

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
why do people keep saying this you can have 100% emmssions on a 6.7 and it will dump out smoke still the dpf, cat etc, will not catch all the smoke, or really catch any when running a lot of fuel to the truck.

·
Registered
306 Posts
the only problem I had was it would not correct my tire size. I just finish downloading the new software that supposed to fix that problem. about to go put it into the truck now. as far as power, my smarty had way more power then my edge, Epp stack.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Mine on SW9 at full throttle roals the coal just like my PMT. It will also get up over 1700egts if you run it on up into the higher MPH ranges

·
Registered
405 Posts
True, fueling more than 100HP will push smoke past the NOx filter, DPF & cat... but not for very long! :hehe:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I too have the Edge with hot unlock, MP-8 and all the deletes plus more. This Smarty rocks! I just did a 700 mile trip towing my boat...passing cars uphill and yes rolling coal when I wished. However, that is wasted fuel. I ran on levels 3 and 5 most of the trip...not ready for higher than that until I get the tranny. Great product that works!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
I have had a full day now to roll around with the smarty. So far.........my reviews are mixed. I figured out that i cannot run any timing. Once i figured that out i can set it on 8 and run fine. Does the power knock my socks off? Not even close. I still believe my old PMT was more powerful. It runs hard and makes a few weird sounds. I hope the TNT stuff is a little better. I am going to play with it some more and see if i can tune it a little better. Also i am getting a CEL. Bob is looking into it for me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
dang im starting to think twice about getting one

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I have had a full day now to roll around with the smarty. So far.........my reviews are mixed. I figured out that i cannot run any timing. Once i figured that out i can set it on 8 and run fine. Does the power knock my socks off? Not even close. I still believe my old PMT was more powerful. It runs hard and makes a few weird sounds. I hope the TNT stuff is a little better. I am going to play with it some more and see if i can tune it a little better. Also i am getting a CEL. Bob is looking into it for me.
Yeah ive noticed most of my daily driving was more enjoyable with the PMT loaded but i will say at WOT the smarty wins.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

I am sure they will get you dialed with the timing. Also the TNT type tune is so much more aggressive. I don't see how Marco could have released anything more aggressive than this, everyone would be crying because their tranny was grenaded. There is a lot to come.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
How much timing were you trying to run:confused013:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
How do you know if you have to much timing?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts