Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure weather or not the Smarty s67 will need the Sims to be code free???Sorry if i missed it confused013::confused013:

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Yes it needs the 3 EGT sims.

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stating the obvious, never mind.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow i'm sure i'm going to sound like an idiot here but here goes anyway what are Sims?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Wow i'm sure i'm going to sound like an idiot here but here goes anyway what are Sims?
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Sim is short for simulator. It is basically just 3 resistors that go in place of the 3 EGT probes that use to be in the exhaust. As of now the code free tuners require the sims to be used to help trick the ECU. But hopefully soon they will be able to write a program that requires no sims.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
You need three sims (Foolers) when you do a DPF delete. Really all they are is a resistor that makes the ECM think the temps are with in a certin range.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So if you purchased a Smarty and an H&S stage 1, you would be good, because the DPF delete from H&S includes it...

If I'm wrong here someone let me know, since the Smarty is the hot topic right now...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sims are a good idea even if not required by the programmer Smarty or [email protected]
They provide protection for the electrical connections that will be needed if you return to stock. They also will prevent limp mode, if for some reason your programmer fails or is removed.
Sims can be purchased from on site sponsors for under $100.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Would a Gen 1 BADP module be the same thing as a SIM?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Would a Gen 1 BADP module be the same thing as a SIM?
not that i'm aware of. I think there was a previous thread regarding an XRT that either wouldn't load or went into limp-mode because of the GEN 1 fooler. I could be way off base, but I unplugged mine and used the foolers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It would be nice if this would be confirmed one way or another before they start shipping so people can have everything on hand. We were told that the sims are needed.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
not that i'm aware of. I think there was a previous thread regarding an XRT that either wouldn't load or went into limp-mode because of the GEN 1 fooler. I could be way off base, but I unplugged mine and used the foolers.
Actually they should work, unless the tuner's programming is looking for a specific value in the code as a reference for later.

The sims (including the Gen1's) are nothing more than resistors giving the sensor a certain value to which the ECM reads and determines the EGT's.

If you have both of these, as well as a digital multimeter, set the DMM to ohms and check the resistance across the sims. Do this for the Gen1's and the one's from your XRT and see what the values are.

I don't have my meter handy or I'd check my Gen1's

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
cut and paste from cobbs

Purchase CDP Sim Set is Required for this product to DPF Delete Properly!!!
** Coming Soon - This is a Pre-Order!!!

someone said there $25 if ya preodred the S67 through cobbs ???

·
Registered
88 Posts
That still is not a conformation though. Marco told us 6 weeks ago that the sims are required but Bob has since told Kev that may or may not be the case for the release version.

Bob needs to chime in and confirm one way or another before they start shipping so people can be prepared and not spend money that is not necessary.

·
Registered
361 Posts
That still is not a conformation though. Marco told us 6 weeks ago that the sims are required but Bob has since told Kev that may or may not be the case for the release version.

Bob needs to chime in and confirm one way or another before they start shipping so people can be prepared and not spend money that is not necessary.
That would be nice!!!!! I'm still waiting to see if the US will get the DPF/EGR delete programming!!!!
I know they are still in the beta testing stage, so i haven't been bombarding them with the question:(:(:(:(:(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts