Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what psi are you guy seeing with the smartys, i have a 03 305 hp 2wd auto 4 inch turbo back exhaust and and a 4 inch intake with a amsoil air filter, and on setting 5 ill spike t0 27 and settle to 25.

·
Registered
592 Posts
sounds about right, If you install a boost elbow into your turbo, it will increase you boost 35 is the max a holset can take for reliability reasons.

·
Registered
411 Posts
According to my edge Juice monitor I can hit #35 of boost no problem and I'm running my Smarty on SW#3.

·
Registered
592 Posts
you can hit 40lbs if you try hard enough, I would say 35#s on a somewhat regular basis being the most you would want to see if longevity is your goal.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I have an adjustable boost elbow set to 32psi. The extra boost will keep the EGTs down. I'm seeing a little over 1000 degrees with the SMARTY set to level 7.

MikeyB

·
Registered
45 Posts
I try to keep mine on on #7 with a Quad boost fuller and i hit 40-42 psi and 1200 to 1400 degrees

·
Registered
529 Posts
mine hit 44 last nite then CEL came on so i let off thats with smarty junior on extrem and power puck on 100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts