Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this version is discontinued, but is there anything wrong with buying one (used) or using one?

How do they stand up and compare to a Smarty Jr or the new S0-6?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
The S-04 is fine. Only difference between the 04 and 06 is the amount of memory to store the programs. And the 04 doesn't support the '06 + models.

MikeyB

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The S-04 is fine. Only difference between the 04 and 06 is the amount of memory to store the programs. And the 04 doesn't support the '06 + models.

MikeyB
Umm explain please........what do you mean by "the amount of memory to store the programs"........THANKS!

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder what would be better, the older S0-4 version or a newer Smarty JR.......I have found both used that are the same price.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
751 Posts
the smarty sr for sure

·
Registered
716 Posts
definitely smarty sr. just make sure that the used smarty was bought off of an authorized dealer or it won't have a warranty

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Umm explain please........what do you mean by "the amount of memory to store the programs"........THANKS!
The S-04 had less internal memory so the programs had to be broke up between the years (until the REVO program came out).

MikeyB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts