Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a smarty and updated the ecm and it seems to make power but my trans slips with it and it doesnt with my edge(i put my edge on stock and just put the smarty on 9)and my edge on 3 with the on smarty stock my truck blows A LOT more smoke. Im kinda confused anyone have any opinions?

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
If your tranny is stock , then it's not going to hold the power of the Smarty on #9......the tranny is probably week from running the other mods prior to the Smarty.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
y does it slip with the smarty and not with the edge? and y isnt there as much smoke

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
As far as the smoke , it will smoke till the turbo catches up with the added fueling....or run lower power levels.....or a bigger turbo.....:$:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your tranny is stock , then it's not going to hold the power of the Smarty on #9......the tranny is probably week from running the other mods prior to the Smarty.....
the tranny is stock with shift kit and higher pressure and i dont know what kind of convter but a mechanic said it didt look stock

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
smarty build a lot of power down low....a lot harder on stock parts

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
Sounds like it has something to do with TM on the Smarty , but I'm not even sure if Smarty does TM on the 01......I just noticed the year of your truck.....someone with more knowledge on the 01's than me will chime in here and help you...:thumbsup

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
Sounds like it has something to do with TM on the Smarty , but I'm not even sure if Smarty does TM on the 01......I just noticed the year of your truck.....someone with more knowledge on the 01's than me will chime in here and help you...:thumbsup
yup...01 has T/M :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
i actually just picked up the smarty also. and wow.

one question though, i have it stacked with the puck on level 4. would i see any performance increase with it on level 5 wit no puck?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what t/m time management??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how can i fix that or what can i do?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Smarty removes about 80% of Torque Managment. I ran my smarty on #9 on my stock tranny, and didn't have any ill effects, but my tranny wasn't in too bad of shape.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts