Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what took me so long and I am pissed at all the power I was missing! I just put the Smarty Revo programing on my 03 with SW-3 and I have a grin that I cant get rid of. :thumbsup

I did not change any setting in the advance Revo portion yet. I have it on SW-3 with a 6 speed manual..

What other settings can I change to give me the best power but good MPG on stock setup?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i have the same truck and run mine on 5 all the time i have even ran it on 9 for a while but ilke to drive with my foot in it, and the clutch starts to slip so i keep mine on level 5. you should try the same. mine run great on 5 and the clutch never slips. i normally get about 17 but can get above 19 on level 5 if i keep my foot out of it. if you dont have guages you should get them

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
you should be ok on level 5 without guages and your 6 speed. i have never seen my exhaust temp get to high or boost get to high or fuel pressure get to low but if you want to play around on 9 you better get some guages to make sure nothing gets messed up

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i think i must be lucky with my clutch then because i drive it like it a lambo and no slip at all on 5 but it will slip on 9

·
Registered
352 Posts
grammar much?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yupp, I have a pyro/boost/fuel pressure gauges installed. I was seeing about 800F-900F when I was romping on it but it would cool down really quick....

Boost would only go about 25psi when I romped on it but man does it throw me back now.

It is on SW-3

Now if I used SW-5, would I get good MPG like the SW-3 would give me as I have seen others post that it has increased by 2-3MPG using SW-3?

Is there any settings on the advance section under the Revo that I should enhance? like the:

Torque Management
Injection Timing
Rail Pressure

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
245 Posts
1800? damn....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I had the wrong temps down... I meant 800-900F.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
Yupp, I have a pyro/boost/fuel pressure gauges installed. I was seeing about 800F-900F when I was romping on it but it would cool down really quick....

Boost would only go about 25psi when I romped on it but man does it throw me back now.

It is on SW-3

Now if I used SW-5, would I get good MPG like the SW-3 would give me as I have seen others post that it has increased by 2-3MPG using SW-3?

Is there any settings on the advance section under the Revo that I should enhance? like the:

Torque Management
Injection Timing
Rail Pressure

Thanks guys!
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud: TOO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let it never ever ever ever go over 1600*. Ever.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So should I make any changes to the Revo settings to gain more power but not sacrifice my MPG?

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
In todays world. MPG is almost everything.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
I haven't got my Smarty yet. So I couldn't tell ya.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone have some insights on the Revo settings?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Ur grinnin on number 3 try number 9. As 4 mpg goes if I was going 2 run it on 5 wud it b better 2 run wild or moderate tq managment? Milds just that way 2 mild

1 - 20 of 32 Posts