Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent Bob W an email yesterday but did not receive a response. I was on the website and saw the new REVOlution software. My truck is a 2006 with exhaust and Smarty as the only modifications and it has a stock automatic transmission. Would I benefit from the new upgrade? I'd really like to be able to raise the shift points and rev limiter but I see that is only available for the race tune versions. Would anyone be able to comment on what I would be able to benefit from "tuning myself"? As far as the torque management, injection timing and rail pressure, I would have no idea what to change to or whether or not it would even help or hurt my performance. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More overall power, adjustable timing (in steps) as well as everything else you saw. This IS the Revolution.... the end all tuner for the CR Cummins.
But how will I know what to change without a lap top or dyno? Do I adjust by the seat of my pants or until I hear spark knock? I am looking for recommendations once installed to get me close without wasting $300 worth of precious fuel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What the heck is SPARK KNOCK:T:

OPTIONS THAT I SEE

1. BUTT DYNO
2. REAL DYNO
3. DRAG STRIP
4. VOODOO MAGIC

AS FAR AS NOT WASTING FUEL PARK THE TRUCK BUY A SCOOTER THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
What the heck is SPARK KNOCK:T:

OPTIONS THAT I SEE

1. BUTT DYNO
2. REAL DYNO
3. DRAG STRIP
4. VOODOO MAGIC

AS FAR AS NOT WASTING FUEL PARK THE TRUCK BUY A SCOOTER THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO.
IT IS A GASSER THING!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Not for download yet. I talked to Bob Wagner about this a couple days ago and he said we were REAL close, and Marco may get it up there this weekend some time. The race version will never be for download, it is VIN locked to the truck he sends it out to. It is still going to be free to upgrade as expected, but it wont be traded freely. One file for one truck.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
the REVO TNT/R is awesome thats all i got to say,i got mine on level 7 with timing on #3 and shift point to 3500..its smokes alot less and way more power all around.NO MORE NEED TO STACK!!its like 10 boxes into 1

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sent Bob W an email yesterday but did not receive a response. I was on the website and saw the new REVOlution software. My truck is a 2006 with exhaust and Smarty as the only modifications and it has a stock automatic transmission. Would I benefit from the new upgrade? I'd really like to be able to raise the shift points and rev limiter but I see that is only available for the race tune versions. Would anyone be able to comment on what I would be able to benefit from "tuning myself"? As far as the torque management, injection timing and rail pressure, I would have no idea what to change to or whether or not it would even help or hurt my performance. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
i wouldnt worry about it if i were you. as it is, you dont have the suporting mods to handle what your current smarty is capable of.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Dont forget that when u start rasing the rev limiter u need valve springs to keep the valves from kissing the pistons, and a turbo upgrade to cool things down! Plus your tranny will need attention too!
Just remember with added power other areas need tended to as well!:thumbsup
Just an FYI

·
Registered
195 Posts
i hate to bogart this thread but could someone fill me in on how much one of these babies cost???? "TNT/R"?? THANKS!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
All I need is valve springs? Or do I need a cam too?

Is it difficult to change valve springs or do I need special tools besides my rusty Craftsmen Tool homeowner's addition set? I did all the other modifications on my truck using this set and my own mechanical knowledge. Just need to have the right torque specs, correct?

·
Registered
677 Posts
All I need is valve springs? Or do I need a cam too?

Is it difficult to change valve springs or do I need special tools besides my rusty Craftsmen Tool homeowner's addition set? I did all the other modifications on my truck using this set and my own mechanical knowledge. Just need to have the right torque specs, correct?
Not to be a dick, but chances are, if you don't know what you are getting yourself into with valvetrain, you might not want to "Practice" on your cummins!

I know with gas vehicles, you have the ability to pressurize the combustion chamber using an air compressor to keep the valves from falling inside the cylinder. But being that diesels don't have spark plugs, or any other access hole from which you can pressurize the combustion chamber, you'll likely have to pull the head off the motor to do it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know what spark knock is trying to be funny since there aint no spark to knock
ps i also know bout timming rattle:beer

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
the REVO TNT/R is awesome thats all i got to say,i got mine on level 7 with timing on #3 and shift point to 3500..its smokes alot less and way more power all around.NO MORE NEED TO STACK!!its like 10 boxes into 1
so its available? or are you testing it?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Not to be a dick, but chances are, if you don't know what you are getting yourself into with valvetrain, you might not want to "Practice" on your cummins!

I know with gas vehicles, you have the ability to pressurize the combustion chamber using an air compressor to keep the valves from falling inside the cylinder. But being that diesels don't have spark plugs, or any other access hole from which you can pressurize the combustion chamber, you'll likely have to pull the head off the motor to do it.
with our trucks you just have to have a set of chop sticks :thumbsup

Agreed though.... a cam swap isn't a easy undertaking !

1 - 20 of 60 Posts