Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 03 qc ho 555 2wd so i decided to bring the smarty to the track tonight to see how would do. only mods are the smarty revo tnt. buddy of mine with stock 05 4x4 qc 5.9 ran as well. ran the 1/8 mile track.
times were as listed on COMPLETELY STOCK TRUCK ( meaning stock air filter and stock exhaust, stock tranny 2). this doesnt mean anyone else should copy just for reference.
only ran sw5 on my truck because rail pressure was pop and no fuel or anything at or above sw7. tq management was on 3, rail pressure stock 2, injector timing 2, shift stock, rpm stock.
1/8 for me in 03 2wd ho 555 was
60' 2.24 (horrible) deff would have broke 8's on higher settings and of course better traction.
330' 6.0631
1/8 9.1954
1/8 mph 77.75

1/8 for buddy in 05 4x4 600 was
1/8 mile 8.87 on sw5 and on same settings as me dont know the mph hopefully i can get the
slip off him

1/8 mile 8.68 on sw9
he did run on stock torque setting (2), rp 4, timing 2, stock everything else
dont know the mph either hopefully i can get in the next couple days for everyone.

i have no doubt that with a 4x4 and a 600 cummins that if you could do the 1/4 on a stock truck and not break you could easily atleast break 13.5 because smarty tnt is alot better on the top end (1/4 mile) thats for sure.

no trying to advertise or anything but my smarty with the tnt loaded will be going on sale in the next few days so anyone interested let me know.. read below if you want to know why (nothin bad about smarty itself or lack of power thats for dang sure lol)

heres a quick video of a lil faster than normal acceleration of the smarty smoke on a stock truck. will smoke a hell of alot more if you want to.
Videos > Smarty TNT revo lil bit faster than normal take off - FQuick.com

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
so, I don't understand what the problem is... why are you selling the Smarty. You didn't actually expect better times than those on a stock truck did you ??
:agree2: triton..... the only thing is that he has got a baseline(still no need to bash it ) NOW get the:$: and buy some mods.the Smarty is at FULL potential with the proper mods. it is like havin' two engine under the hood! you won't be discourged!:thumbsup:hyper::peelout:beer

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wow that truck's not gonna last like that. I will warn you right now your not going to find any other programmer that will run better on your 03 I've tried them all and the high hp smarty programs takes it.(I couldnt stand normall software)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
woah woah woah everybody calm down lol. i have praised the smarty from the begining on other pages. i deff would not sell unless i had 2 lol. need money for school and i am selling the truck in the next coming weeks only reason to get rid of the smarty. i have only had the smarty for about 1 week and 2 days but in that time frame it was nothin sort of awesome the power you get. sry i didnt say reason why earlier. i didnt expect even that times i got. i know i could have hit prob atleast 8.8's with better traction and a sw7 setting thats not even on sw9 either.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
woah woah woah everybody calm down lol. i have praised the smarty from the begining on other pages. i deff would not sell unless i had 2 lol. need money for school and i am selling the truck in the next coming weeks only reason to get rid of the smarty. i have only had the smarty for about 1 week and 2 days but in that time frame it was nothin sort of awesome the power you get. sry i didnt say reason why earlier. i didnt expect even that times i got. i know i could have hit prob atleast 8.8's with better traction and a sw7 setting thats not even on sw9 either.
Well no wonder your running it on a stock truck your selling it:lol3:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol3: of course who cares then right :lol3: made it there and back with no tranny slip what so ever, so im good.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i deff would not sell unless i had 2 lol. need money for school and i am selling the truck in the next coming weeks only reason to get rid of the smarty.
mikeb its ok i have plenty of money to replace will suncoast built tranny just not going to waste the money till it blows.i believe in the saying if it aint broke dont fix it lol. however mikeb is correct if you dont have the money to replace your tranny you prob shouldnt be running the tnt software.i understand where you coming from though mikeb. hardly drive the truck as it is 2-3 times a week for like 5-10 miles at a time.
I don't get it. In one post you say that you need the money, and in a post from another thread, you say you have plenty of money to upgrade with a Suncoast built tranny. What gives? Dual personality?

I feel sorry for whoever buys your truck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i do have plenty of money to upgrade IF IT DID BREAK or atleast replace it before i sold truck. i had every intention of moding the truck more till last night after i ran. truck was getting sold no matter what just not in a couple weeks more like 2-3 months. i just wanted to see what it would run on a stock truck for reference. with tuition hitting 4k a semster for pharmacy school in the first 2 years and then 15k after for the last 4. sellin the truck could help me study more than have to work 30 hrs a week while doing 15 credit hrs of class work (which is 3 more credit hours than full time). i dont drive the truck as a dd anyways. i was going to mod the hell out of it but after i ran last night just got me thinking and decided i was well satisfied if it being a stock truck and just dont feel the need after all to mod it anymore and ill prob not get the money out that i put into it ya know. hopefully you understand this lol. i have only put 200 miles with the smarty on it only ragging on it about 75 miles of course no boost launches. diablo/predator was on for about 500 miles with no track runs or boosted launches. i have only put 4,000 miles on it in a year the past year and 1,500 miles of that on it in the past 8 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts