Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

smarty revo settings

4796 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  bader
i am gettin my smarty s06 soon and was curious what you have found for the diffrent tunes

which is the smokiest
which has best fuel econ
and which for most power.

i know these will be diffrent from truck to truck but just looking for starting points
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Diesel Junkie
4,191 Posts
Be careful with the TNT if you have an automatic and it's stock.Power levels start at about 100hp with TNT.
Unless you have all the supporting mods , you won't be able to take advantage of the higher power levels.

· Registered
357 Posts
Also want to know more about them, what is the best for an 04.5, the revo and what kind of numbers does that put down compared to the basic program?

· Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Right now I'm running Revo SW5 TM2 TQ1 RP0 WG "on" with a stock 48re so far. The tranny is holding up so far, but I don't push it too much. When I feel it start to slip, I start backing out of the accelerator.

· Registered
96 Posts
Ran my Revo on sw7 or sw9 with everything on default till I got the trans built. no prob, just respect the Smarty!

· Registered
597 Posts
be careful with the Smarty i would not go above Revo 3, i played with mine and when i had my trans done it was burnt up lol.

· Registered
96 Posts
Subscribing, I have the Revo as well, what is the difference in the Revo and the Revo/TNT
I think Revo adds 170hp and TNT adds 230hp

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but has anyone messed with the settings to know which smokes the most ( im assuming 7,9) or what setting will have the best millage. will the fine tuning effect this much(tq rp tm)

· Premium Member
229 Posts
From what I got with my Smarty, for best fuel economy, it recommends the TM on 4. I was running SW 5, no optional changes and mine was smokin pretty good. I imagine on 7 it would smoke even more.

I am goin on a trip tomorrow and wanted to see what I could get with fuel mileage so I changed it to TQ 2, RP 1, TM 4 with SW 3. Will let ya know what kinda mileage I get.

· Premium Member
229 Posts
So I went to Pismo, approx 310 miles one direction.

Goin, ran 70 w ac goin, except for the 111 mile stretch where I had to run 60. There was a little stop an go on the freeway but not too bad really. Was doin some trailer work once I got there and was havin to turn the truck on and off quite a few times but still hand calc'd to 17.X mpg when I filled up for the return trip.

Just filled up this morning, and hand calc'd to 18.X MPG. This was drivin the 310 miles at 70 and 60 with ac goin and then a couple of 80 mile round trip jaunts to work again runnin 70 and 60.

I have the Revo set on SW3 with RP 2, TM 4, TQ 3. Before I got the Smarty runnin similar situation mph wise best I saw was around 15. Course that was before the mods to the cai as well. Drove people nuts because I wouldn't go faster than 65 so that I could get high 16.x mpg. Hope this all makes sense.

+

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i loaded sw7 tq2 tm2 rp1 and it smokes like crazy:party018: and im still getting the same mpg i was before it. i dont want to mess with rp too much for my injectors sake but will the timing make a big diffrence i know they recomend tm4 for fuel economy will it make more power as well. and is it safe. also is there much diffrence between 7 and 9 power wise

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.