Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the smarty worth getting? I would like to no what you guys think before I spend the JING !!!! I was going to buy the 5inch stanless exhast and the smarty from badp but I was wondering if the smarty will clean up the dpf codes, or do I need a code free dpf delete kit so i dont have to clear codes everytime I start the truck ? Im really not sure how that thing really works do to the fact I only have the mp8 on it! O ya can you stack it with the mp8 also?? You guys no more than me so let me know what the deal is!!!! THANKS BEN

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had a PMT and the Smarty is way better. One of the best features is it is code free with no waiting to start. With the Smarty you do not need anyones dpf delete kit. Just get a pipe. If you want a delete kit I would get H&S. BADP has had a lot of problems with their code free kit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
All you need is your Smarty, any 04.5 and up 5.9 exhaust, and the 3 sims (EGT foolers). When you get your Smarty, download the ME version of the software from the MADS website. That will give you code-free deletes of both the DPF and EGR.

Yes you can stack the MP-8 with the Smarty. Just make sure you are not adding too much rail pressure from the Smarty since the MP-8 is adding its own pressure.

R

·
0 Posts
:thumbsup:No waiting, code free, awesome power, tons of options. Go for it man. It's worth the coin.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't believe u even need the sims with the Smarty. U can just plug the sensors back in and zip tie them out of the way.
If you want the sims, there is a DIY you can follow to make your own.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So if you wanted to just have your local exhaust shop install a standard 5" tbe, would that work? It sure would save some money I would think. I thought I read somewhere that there are a couple things that still have to be plugged in along the way...

·
Registered
468 Posts
i dont think badp can sell the smarty. id be careful there

R

·
0 Posts
Yes, you need nothing in the pipe. Egts do need to be plugged in, but not in the pipe, or you can run sims instead. O2's don't need to be there, or they can stay in. Either way works.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Yes, you need nothing in the pipe. Egts do need to be plugged in, but not in the pipe, or you can run sims instead. O2's don't need to be there, or they can stay in. Either way works.
Very good info. That is why I love this site, you guys are the best :yourock:

James
RSD

·
Registered
220 Posts
So where do the egt's plug in at? I was under the impression they plugged into the exhaust somewhere. I thought the whole plug nothing in was still testing...

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
Is the smarty worth getting? I would like to no what you guys think before I spend the JING !!!! I was going to buy the 5inch stanless exhast and the smarty from badp but I was wondering if the smarty will clean up the dpf codes, or do I need a code free dpf delete kit so i dont have to clear codes everytime I start the truck ? Im really not sure how that thing really works do to the fact I only have the mp8 on it! O ya can you stack it with the mp8 also?? You guys no more than me so let me know what the deal is!!!! THANKS BEN
You are on the right track. All you need is the Delete Pipe and a Smarty. You will be code free and you will not have to wait to start your truck. Also you will be fine buying from BADP, they have great customer service

R

·
0 Posts
So where do the egt's plug in at? I was under the impression they plugged into the exhaust somewhere. I thought the whole plug nothing in was still testing...
Nothing has to screw into the exhaust. The egt's have to electrically be plugged in, but they can just be tied out of the way.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Very good info. That is why I love this site, you guys are the best :yourock:

James
RSD
james pm me a price on the smarty bro? just spent 900 bucks last night on the kenwood dnx5120 dvd/nav system lookin forward to seein that..heehaww..and by the sound of the smarty ,im going to like it,,i will just need a little coaching from you james..since i have the epp and all,,and the pmt i leave in ,set back to stock right..i no dumb question, but thought i'd trow it out there..

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I had a PMT and the Smarty is way better. One of the best features is it is code free with no waiting to start. With the Smarty you do not need anyones dpf delete kit. Just get a pipe. If you want a delete kit I would get H&S. BADP has had a lot of problems with their code free kit.
Actually our Gen 2 works flawlessly. yes, we had issues when new flashes from Dodge came out, however we've fixed the issues since.

And as Mattpopp said, we can and do sell Smarty.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
james pm me a price on the smarty bro? just spent 900 bucks last night on the kenwood dnx5120 dvd/nav system lookin forward to seein that..heehaww..and by the sound of the smarty ,im going to like it,,i will just need a little coaching from you james..since i have the epp and all,,and the pmt i leave in ,set back to stock right..i no dumb question, but thought i'd trow it out there..
Awesome Dave. I bet that unit looks sweet in the truck :thumbsup:

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Actually our Gen 2 works flawlessly. yes, we had issues when new flashes from Dodge came out, however we've fixed the issues since.

And as Mattpopp said, we can and do sell Smarty.
You guys need to make it very clear that the Gen2 DOES NOT work with the EGR delete.

Not to mention it wouldn't even be needed with the smarty.

I am sill waiting for my refunded upgrade fee but have not heard from Shane :(

·
Registered
707 Posts
Also you will be fine buying from BADP, they have great customer service
I have to completely disagree with this. If you're gonna get a Smarty, buy it from anyone BUT badp!! I just pm'd Bob Wagner with a question about Smarty and got an answer within 2 minutes, now that's customer service!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOW WHAT!!!:confused013:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts