Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a smarty from a forum member and was wondering if i have to send it in to get the revo update on it or if anyone knows where i can buy the usb cord for it?? and i heard the smarty would have the high idle feature on it but read all the manuals and it dosent say anything about it, and plugged it into the truck and looked around in the smarty itself and couldent find it anyone know about these? thanks tom

·
Registered
293 Posts
P.M Sent bud :thumbsup:

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
there is plenty, i mean plenty of topics on this. thats what the search button is for. but while im typing ill tell ya. the high idle automaticly gets put into your truck by pressing cruise and acc. the cable is the same cable that hooks up to your printer. usually gray. The software is located on Mads Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - Dodge Tuning - Home. there it will tell you what to do and how to download it to your computer and then to your smarty.
I cant stress it enough for everyone to use the search button. especially smarty questions. there's thousands of them.
Good Luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
used the search button no need to get all cockey, just a question. and i dont have a printer so thats why i didnt know

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You should be able to update it from the MADS website. MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - Download

The cable is just a USB printer cable...you can get one at wal mart or any electronics store.

You get the high idle feature when you load any of the power levels and it will still be enabled when you return to stock.

Reactions: twagner

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
used the search button no need to get all cockey, just a question. and i dont have a printer so thats why i didnt know
ahh yes, when my printer isnt hooked up my search button doesn't work as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats not what i sed at all. i dont have a printer and yes i did look, but not all of us are as smart as you and as computer literit. i just wont ask anymore questions. no problem.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
thats not what i sed at all. i dont have a printer and yes i did look, but not all of us are as smart as you and as computer literit. i just wont ask anymore questions. no problem.
Don't him stop you from asking questions. The search function on this site isn't the greatest. There are good people here that will help you...and some that are :butt::butt::butt::butt:

·
Registered
262 Posts
there is plenty, i mean plenty of topics on this. thats what the search button is for. . . . . the high idle automaticly gets put into your truck by pressing cruise and acc. . . . . I cant stress it enough for everyone to use the search button. especially smarty questions. there's thousands of them.
maybe you should take some time yourself and use the search button for these topics - the cruise function only works for the 3rd gens - he has a 2nd gen (BTW - you can get that info from reading the OP's sig) :doh:

·
Registered
262 Posts
to answer the OP's questions -

you can update to the REVO software yourself. just go the MADS website and follow the instructions appropriate for your SMARTY.
high idle is automatically put on your truck with the upload of any SMARTY software, and it stays even if truck is put back to stock software. unlike the 3rd gens, the 2nd gen high idle is automatic and only engages in cold weather (certain parameters have to be met, and will even kickdown to 3 cylinder high idle if cold enough). you will have no manual control over it whatsoever. if you want manual control of the high idle you will have to build a setup on your own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts