Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my smarty today, and i was just curious what i should have my torq setting at and same with durration? I never used a smarty before so i dont really know much about it.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'd try it with just the as provided Smarty softwares first... see which one gives you the best performance and then work on tweaking the REVO settings later... each truck reacts differently so it's hard to say.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Want more info on this, BTT

·
Registered
113 Posts
ttt, please

·
Registered
528 Posts
my understanding when you start changing duration then you have timing on all 9 programs so myself i do not adjust but tq management i have set on 6 you will like it

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The REVO settings remain a mystery. I've messed with them but each truck is so different that you honestly need to tweak the settings for your liking and driving style...

Torque: I believe this actually deals with torque management on automatics. Some surmise that the higher the value, the 'quicker' the program brings in fueling.

Timing: Seems self explanatory, the higher the value, the more timing advance you put into the program. I've actually gone back to using the timing that is used in Catcher softwares because the timing advance from 3 and 4 just felt wrong...

Duration: Best guess is that this will effect how long the VP will pulse for a single injection cycle. Again, I've gone back to the values used by the individual Catcher softwares because the higher durations were boggy and sluggish...

My truck is modified to the hilt so each person should really experiment on their own settings... REVO was developed just for this purpose.... the only two ways to really find out are at the drag strip or on the dyno...

·
Registered
113 Posts
the CaTcer soft ware seems to chang the responsiveness of the pedal but the power feels the same. I was running #8 last week and this week I'm on #6. Still feels very stron, just a little further down the pedal.:drool2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts