Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running the Revo tune on my SMARTY. I want to try the Revo/TNT tune. Do I have to take the truck back to stock before downloading Revo/TNT?

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,290 Posts
no you dont.
once you update the smarty
with the tnt, then update your
truck, it will automatically
rewrite the ecm, no issues.

i just did it yesterday.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you only have one tune on the SMARTY at one time such as Revo or Revo/TNT or Beta 4.2?

I just downloaded Revo/TNT-WOW!!!

If I want to go back to Revo or a beta tune do I just overwrite Revo/TNT?

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Yea. Only one Smarty tune at a time on Smarty. You cant have TNT and Beta 4.2 at the same time

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,290 Posts
stroke what is that exactly ?

im a smarty noob so never heard
of having tnt and beta 4.2 at
the same time. whats the
benefit.

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
if you uploaded the TNT tune, then you cant go back to the 4.2. i had this problem loading into my truck, i contacted bob wagner and he told me that you cant go back to 4.2 once you loaded tnt, now you can go back to revo if you would like.
Nick

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
stroke what is that exactly ?

im a smarty noob so never heard
of having tnt and beta 4.2 at
the same time. whats the
benefit.
No, I was saying you cannot have both TNT and a Beta version loaded in the Smarty at the same time. Only one or the other. I may have misread his post, but thought he was asking if he could run two Smarty tunes at the same time...

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
if you uploaded the TNT tune, then you cant go back to the 4.2. i had this problem loading into my truck, i contacted bob wagner and he told me that you cant go back to 4.2 once you loaded tnt, now you can go back to revo if you would like.
Nick
Only 06/07 trucks cant go back. 03-05 can, as the software update was for a Chrysler update that affected only 06/07 trucks. Now, that was as of the previous update. A couple days ago a new update came out, so it may have changed

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I was saying you cannot have both TNT and a Beta version loaded in the Smarty at the same time. Only one or the other. I may have misread his post, but thought he was asking if he could run two Smarty tunes at the same time...
No what I meant was can you have multiple tunes on the SMARTY and just switch between them at your leisure. Kind of like changing catcher levels.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you uploaded the TNT tune, then you cant go back to the 4.2. i had this problem loading into my truck, i contacted Bob Wagner and he told me that you cant go back to 4.2 once you loaded TNT, now you can go back to Revo if you would like.
Nick
that sucks

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Only 06/07 trucks cant go back. 03-05 can, as the software update was for a Chrysler update that affected only 06/07 trucks.
You can go back if you have the old TNT, I ran the TNT then tried the beta 4.2 then switched back to the TNT but if you have the new TNT that has the chrysler update you cant run beta's.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
what is the new TNT? I didn't know there was a new one. I think I downloaded it right when it came out

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
You can go back if you have the old TNT, I ran the TNT then tried the beta 4.2 then switched back to the TNT but if you have the new TNT that has the chrysler update you cant run beta's.
Yes, your right. The original TNT you can go back. The Nov. 4th(?) version you cant

1 - 16 of 16 Posts