Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a few guys still running their stock CAT, myself included. I would have ditched it along time ago, but here in California I wanted to be able to return the truck back to stock in an hour or so. Will the CAT get clogged or damged running these higher HP tunes?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
No...The cat dosen't trap particulate matter...

·
Registered
747 Posts
No...The cat dosen't trap particulate matter...
Doesnt the stock cat just resrict air flow? And couldnt you replace downpipe with free flowing one and then add Magnaflows high flow catalitic converter Then you would still pass emissions with it wouldnt you?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesnt the stock cat just resrict air flow? And couldnt you replace downpipe with free flowing one and then add Magnaflows high flow catalitic converter Then you would still pass emissions with it wouldnt you?

It is still unkown exactly will be done with the tests.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
It is still unkown exactly will be done with the tests.
Good point... Texas is now using California as arole model for future emissions testing....:banghead: I have been thinking(wanting) to keep the stock downpipe until that time..

I dont think it robs that much power vs a high flow cat.. Maybe I'm wrong..:confused013:

Anybody got a dyno graph showing stock exhaust vs. free flow straight?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.