Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hopefully going to be picking up my new 3rd Gen 05 this weekend (fingers crossed). I was wanting to know what everyone's opinions were on these. Should I do a juice with attitude and be good with my gauges and have a nice chip OR should I do a DiPricol gauge kit and a SMARTY. I have heard these do not stack well or else I would of considered that. Let me know what you think :thumbsup.

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Tough choice. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Either everyone loves there Smarty or the Juice. Do you like good old fashioned gauges or do you want to live in a digital world? Do you want to shift on the fly or have to download programs?....The choice is yours :popcorn:

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tough choice. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Either everyone loves there Smarty or the Juice. Do you like good old fashioned gauges or do you want to live in a digital world? Do you want to shift on the fly or have to download programs?....The choice is yours :popcorn:
Well that does not make the choice any easier :lol3:..Thanks James...yeah it is hard to say. I like both, but I really want is gonna give me the most bang for my buck and most power to the ground :thumbsup.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I have both on my truck, i'am keeping the smarty only cause it's running cooler then the edge, power is about the same with the hot level, I will miss the safety of the edge, the turbo timmer and the shift on the fly, its a tuff call, i'am very happy with both.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why can you not stack them? I have a friend running the edge/attitude and running the smarty on fuel only(even numbers). Seems like it is running just fine. I think he told me he never lets it get over 1200 on the egts.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
let's see...you can erase d.t.c.'s you can set your speedometer @250mph,adjust tire size if needed, you can change your torque management to different settings,downloads to your truck fast,pretty soon the smarty is guna be more versatile than before and unlike no other. I am in the oil business, i do not work for smarty, BUT i will help push the product! you will not be :CRY: if you buy one!:thumbsup:woot:

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that is a couple of thoughts...pretty much even. So what do you all say? Stack em if I can or which one?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a Smarty Jr and love it. I couldnt imagine my truck with the regular Smarty. :peelout Smarty all the way. :thumbsup

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would also say smarty with gauges,mechanical gauges are more reliable and the smarty has more power potential.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would also say smarty with gauges,mechanical gauges are more reliable and the smarty has more power potential.

Yeah I really like the look of mechanical gauges...but I also really like the idea of shift power on the fly..it is such a toss up for me :CRY:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah I really like the look of mechanical gauges...but I also really like the idea of shift power on the fly..it is such a toss up for me :CRY:
yeah it is definately nice to shiift power on the fly, I have a friend with a duramax that bought the edge with the attitude and he has been having problems the monitor fading in and out. I know this is not a common problem but just thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have run both on my truck and I am sticking with the edge. They both give you good power but I like being able to change levels on the fly.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have run both on my truck and I am sticking with the edge. They both give you good power but I like being able to change levels on the fly.

Thanks for the opinions guys. Keep the input coming..as the debate continues...:popcorn:

·
Registered
134 Posts
my vote is for edge. I like the ease of installation. I bought it used and saved a little over smarty. I like changing on the fly. I also like the safeguards that edge has in place.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
i just got my smarty last week and after having it i would have payed twice as much for it. it has great power. and is way more versitle there are download for all different performance upgrades to help optimize whatever upgrade you may get like injectors or turbo. the smarty cna read codes and do much more. it only takes 3 min to download a program to the truck and your ready to go. i have the dipricol guages they look realy close to stock and i love them. i am so happy with my smarty that i would bet money if you got it you would not regret it. GET A SMARTY NOTHING BUT THE BEST

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I have the edge juice and it is great and all. But If I had to chose between it and the smarty I would go with the smarty. Honestly on the fly for me is overrated, I rarely if ever change programs while I drive.

·
Banned
393 Posts
the edge seems to be easily detected as well at the dealership. I have heard from several people however, that the smarty is almost guaranteed not to show up. I dont know about you guys, but i cant afford to pay for some major repair bills .

·
Registered
123 Posts
let's see...you can erase d.t.c.'s you can set your speedometer @250mph,adjust tire size if needed, you can change your torque management to different settings,downloads to your truck fast,pretty soon the smarty is guna be more versatile than before and unlike no other. I am in the oil business, i do not work for smarty, BUT i will help push the product! you will not be :CRY: if you buy one!:thumbsup:woot:
On an 05 you can do all of this also plus have a turbo timer and adjust on the fly. Well except for going 250mph but show me a truck on here that does. That being said I own smarty jr and am paying close attention to this thread cause im thinking about getting rid of it and getting the edge juice with attitude.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i think u can stack them as long as u run the smarty on even numbers but if i had to pick just one i would go with the smarty i love mine and will never own any thing else

·
Registered
732 Posts
440hp and 920 tq to the ground with the hot tune. and a clutch of course. i love my edge.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.