Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

smarty or BDTD w/ preasure box???

728 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  TTR 21
what will be a better choice? i had a bdtd before but never stacked it, and im looking at stacking it with a dr. performance box, but i have never tried a smarty? just looking for some advise and what will make more power. and also, why would you stack a preasure box with a smarty if the smarty adds preasure??? thanks guys
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,941 Posts
The smarty is unable to add as much as a pressure only box, or thats what i've seen.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
the smarty does do preasure but it cant add the preasure that a preasure box can so thats y they stack them. I would say smarty would be better for stacking since you can adjust all your settings for timing since the more preasure you add it also adds timing as well

· Northern CA Chapter President
3,301 Posts
since you have a 06 i would say get the bully dog, it will be stronger. and even stronger with a pressure box.

3,301 Posts
no, just make sure you have some sort of aftermarket lift pump.

· Banned
5,760 Posts
what will be a better choice? i had a bdtd before but never stacked it, and im looking at stacking it with a dr. performance box, but i have never tried a smarty? just looking for some advise and what will make more power. and also, why would you stack a preasure box with a smarty if the smarty adds preasure??? thanks guys
I'm sorry man if I missed it but what sort of transmission do you have and is it built? Cause a stock tranny will last you days with that combo.

3,301 Posts
I'm sorry man if I missed it but what sort of transmission do you have and is it built? Cause a stock tranny will last you days with that combo.
make that minutes:lol4:

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Question????? Why is the Crazy Larry tune better on the 06 trucks than say an 04.5?

3,301 Posts
Question????? Why is the Crazy Larry tune better on the 06 trucks than say an 04.5?
have no clue but it is proven, 06 has something different.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
what is the hp difference?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.