Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smarty on the fly

587 5
I've read that the Smarty is going to have a shift on the fly option sometime. Any idea when that will be? Are they going to come out with something like the Black Maxx?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I asked the same question about a month ago. I did not get a definate answer. If Mads can give a tenative release date for the POD, It might sway a few potential buyers that are on the fence right now!!:thumbsup:

· Registered
194 Posts
I asked the same question about a month ago. I did not get a definate answer. If Mads can give a tenative release date for the POD, It might sway a few potential buyers that are on the fence right now!!:thumbsup:
I tried getting an answer from Bob about a month ago but all I got was one of his famous one liners. I am one of those still one the fence. The only reason I haven't gone H&S is because of all the smoke these guys talk about with the 175 tune. Sure it's fun for a while until you get pulled over for it in your emissions deleted truck.

· Registered
1,157 Posts
I've got the 170 HP tune loaded (#9, Tq=4, Ti=2, Rp=2) and it's fine for driving. Even in the rain. I mash it, it goes. I feather it, and it's fine.

Unless you tow freqenlty and are worried about high EGT's I cant really seem to need the POD feature.

I get a little bit of smoke with this tune, but it was nothing like the PMT. I get what I would consider a normal amount for a diesel.

Also, updating the power levels only takes about 5 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.