Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to put the smarty jr in. I'm waiting to finish installing my gauges that way I can monitor the pressures and temperatures the truck runs at stock. Anyways what setting on the Smarty Jr will I see the largest fuel mileage increase? My truck is stock except for the mods shown in my signature. Can I run this at level 3 with stock injectors and tranny? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
The Smarty Jr. great for trucks that do not want to Mod, it's safe power and I feel you can run the truck on level 4 as long as you don't intend to drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Thw Smarty Jr has 3 levels of power

40 - 70 - 100

You will see the best fuel economy on either 70 or 100 dependant on driving style.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
The smarty junior is timing and duration and yes you can stack it with a pressure box, 30 day money back guarantee too.

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've got my best milage on the 100 horse setting sw3. If I can manage to keep my foot off the skinny pedal on the right.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I should be safe to run it on the 70-100 hp setting with a basically stock truck? I won't be towing anything greater than 10,000-12,000 lbs, and that is only every now and then.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
So I should be safe to run it on the 70-100 hp setting with a basically stock truck? I won't be towing anything greater than 10,000-12,000 lbs, and that is only every now and then.
Yes, if you drive responsibly you should have no issues. Keep in mind if you beat on a stock truck the trans won't hold up very well..... so if driven responsibly, you will be all smiles

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What would you consider "beating" a truck? I guess this is different for each individual

·
Registered
830 Posts
i am already having to upgrade the tranny. 60k miles total on the truck with about 3000 with the smarty jr. most all the time the jr. is set on 70hp. i ran it for 2 days with it on the 100hp and it was too much for the tranny right away. this is with zero boosted launches, zero smoking of the tires, and no just sitting there trying to kill my truck. i do however use it to drive a little rough from time to time. my main problem seems to be the slipping of the torque converter. if i am running along already moving and then romp on it, the TQ will slip and then eventually catch. as far as an increase in mileage. i haven't lost any MPG, but because of the way i drive, i haven't gained any either. after all my tranny stuff comes in from JBARKER i will report how it turned out. i should be able to run it all the way up without problems. we'll see. if so, i'll be ditching the jr. and going with a sr.:woot::$:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok that's what I thought. I mean I accelerate hard all the time but can't afford to be burning up tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts