Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my Smarty Jr. from thoroughbred diesel.:$: Suppose to be here tom. afternoon. How is the download time on it? What kinda smoke out put does it have? Man, I can't wait to get it loaded on my truck and go for a ride:peelout:beer

·
Registered
830 Posts
downloads in 5 minutes or less. super easy to use. smoke has gotten more prevelant as temps have increased. some like the smoke output and some don't. here's a small rev before the temps were climbing much.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man...looks like just the right amount of smoke :lol3::peelout...did it come with the usb cord to connect it to the computer?

·
Registered
830 Posts
it does not come with the usb cord.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind do i need to get...i might be takin trip to walmart to get it because i want to be ready when it comes tom.:lol3:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Universal usb printer cable.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It comes with the cord to plug into the truck.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey motoracer is that a Catvos lift on the kitty in your avatar?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do you find the right driver for it when you just plug it in...i cant get it to work everytime i search for one:CRY:

·
Registered
830 Posts
it's a jr.. there are currently no updates unless you wanna try the beta software they are working on.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got it working thanks tho...man i went for a ride last night around the neighborhood after i installed it...all i have to say is wow. That thing sure does make a difference in the throttle response and i only have it on the tow mode-70hp. im taking a trip today so ill get to really test it out:peelout:beer

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ahhhh the Power of the Smarty.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think that is gonna be my next mod. Sounds like just what I need.

Does the Jr. let you calibrate tire size?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes, and if you remove the Smarty and go back to stock the new tire size stays calibrated.

I'm playing with some settings on mine trying to maximize my mileage. I'm running the 60hp tune right now.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
To my knowledge there is no reason to plug it in due to it is a "can" program and it is not like the smarty sr. which you can download different programs. 30 hp 70hp and 100 hp thats it. It rocks though

·
Registered
845 Posts
To my knowledge there is no reason to plug it in due to it is a "can" program and it is not like the smarty sr. which you can download different programs. 30 hp 70hp and 100 hp thats it. It rocks though
You're right, there are 3 sw levels but:
SW # 1 : 40 Hp increase
SW # 2 : 70 Hp increase
SW # 3 : 100 Hp increase
And it is internet updatable though there are no tune options at this time ... they say there will be as this is only a "starting point".
It does rock. :thumbsup

it's a jr.. there are currently no updates unless you wanna try the beta software they are working on.
There is a beta they are working on?

·
Registered
830 Posts
There is a beta they are working on?
yep, there has been a few threads about it. they are trying to cut back on the smoke output from the jr. since the weather has started to heat up, my truck smokes like a freight train. i like it, even though it's unburnt 5 buck a gallon fuel, but some don't. i use it to roll coal when needed:peelout

1 - 20 of 26 Posts