Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was just getting ready to order a Jr when i came across this.

Read more: http://www..com/6-7-liter-dodge-cum...02409-no-more-smarty-uh-oh.html#ixzz0eA8Jk4bn

I e-mailed MADS about this but no response. Wondering if anybody can tell me if this is true or not and if it is has Marco solved it yet since the dealer flashed me.

I don't think the url is working anyway it was on diesel bombers forum and it was a tsb 1802409 where the dealer is flashing every truck and locking the ecu so no programmer can be loaded

the thread is TSB 1802409 - no more Smarty - uh oh!!!

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry the link wont post so i edited the original post and left the info where i saw it

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
I know a lot of the revisions(14me, 15me, so on and so on) were to get the Smarty to work on the latest flash. As far as I know, the only way you can get completely screwed is if you require a new ECM. Hopefully Andy will chime in, he knows more about Smarty than Mads does!

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
It all depends on your build date. Any vehicle built after 03/04/09 will have the bootloader protected ecms. This will prevent you from using an aftermarket downloader until Marco cracks it. The only other way for the bootloader to get installed on the truck is if your ecm fries and they replace your ecm with a new one.

Now if you take your truck in for service and the dealer flashes your truck with the latest flash update and the smarty says unknown software when you go to load it, this is no problem. It just means that the software flash on your ecm is higher than that of the smarty. You have two choices you can get recovery software from bob and go back a flash or you can download the newest flash compliant software for the smarty from mads site. Marco keeps up with them rather fast.
Andy

Reactions: LFD2037

· Registered
672 Posts
They don't really know what they are talking about. It got flashed. No big deal. Like Andy said, contact Mads. BAM, problem fixed. It's that easy. It is not bootloader locked.

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I will be ordering the jr. tomorrow morning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.