Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i've been driving around for awhile and i tested the sw1 and i didnt like it at all.. so i been driving around with sw3 tq-1 tm-default PoD-99.. i just went on a long road trip and got around 20mpg.. 64-70mph avg.

is anyone getting anything better? any better settings.. i want to try to get at least 22-24mpg.

·
Registered
285 Posts
what software version are you runnin. im runnin 5.12 and i did really well with pod 99 SW3 Tq2 Tm4 in the summer, bout 22 mpg. but with winter fuel and slick roads, im runnin pod 70 SW2 Tq 3 and Tm2. gona do some hand calculating soon. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im running 5.12 just updated about a week ago.. havent really done much driving since lastnight

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have the 5.12 and i have found that sw3 tq3 tm4 pod 99 works the best for me has far as millage and power..thats if i can keep my foot out of it with the strait pipe and my whistler

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im going to a straight pipe.. i do a lot of city driving.. and i get on and off the highway a lot.. so i guess ill just have to play around.. i havent tried sw2 yet...

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess there isnt many smarty jr people out there...

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you. been playing last few weeks on sw3 tq stock tm 4 and driving 55-60 on curvy hilly roads i've been getting around 20. but before the jr i got 22.5. and no i havn't been getting on the go pedal. been babying the piss out of it. trying a different setting this week sw1 tq default tm default and going to try a different gas station. winter fuel could have something to do with it. i have also tried sw3 tq stock tm 4 pod 60 and got 14.1mpg. i'll post my gains this week.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i drove around today about 220 miles.. highway and backroads and city.. sw3 tq3 tm4 pod 99. got around 19.5 mpg.. i notice it smokes too.. its not a heavy smoke but its noticeable..

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
The lower the torque management the better the mpg... Leave it on sw3 it will net the best mileage gaureenteed.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was just trying out different torque managements.. i like it on 3 cause i dont have to push the pedal down as far just to get going... plus i use cruise control a lot so im really not moving the pedal much.. but i might go back to stock to compare...

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have been running sw3,tq2,tm4 all winter and havent had any bad mileage.i have seeen a couple miles of drop off with the winter fuel and it doesnt want to smoke for me at all. why are you guys doing pod 99? why not just leave it at 100?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine doesnt do 100.. lol what kind of mileage are you seeing?

and your not smoking? i wasnt smoking when my fuel filter was bad.. but im smoking like crazy now..

is there a reason your kept yours at 5.11b? and not upgrade to 5.12

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
22-24 on a 4wd with a level kit is a wet dream. 20 is amazing as it is. I have been running the SJR for 53K miles, I don't drive aggressive and I have yet to break 20, and only broken 19 on a dozen or so tanks. 18 is easy, don't even have to try for that around town.

Best mileage on an auto is SW3, TM4, TQ4 or TQ1. TM4 will soot your oil up quicker thou, so keep that in mind. And depending on the load, temp, etc you can haze with TM4.

PoD maxes at 99. It has 100 levels from 0 to 99.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
22-24 on a 4wd with a level kit is a wet dream. 20 is amazing as it is. I have been running the SJR for 53K miles, I don't drive aggressive and I have yet to break 20, and only broken 19 on a dozen or so tanks. 18 is easy, don't even have to try for that around town.

Best mileage on an auto is SW3, TM4, TQ4 or TQ1. TM4 will soot your oil up quicker thou, so keep that in mind. And depending on the load, temp, etc you can haze with TM4.

PoD maxes at 99. It has 100 levels from 0 to 99.
really? damn i guess im glad i get 19-20.. how much difference is there between TQ4 and TQ3?

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
The difference is pretty minor between TQ3 and TQ4. I run TQ3 most the time and it's different than, but not enought for everyone to notice..

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok.. i ran TQ1 for awhile.. didnt like it at all..

·
Registered
831 Posts
I could barely break 20-all highway under 65 when I had 33's. Now with the lift and 35's I can approach 18 under 65, but I'm lucky to get 17 if I run 65+. Love to know what's different about my truck than those that do still get 19-20. I saw a little improvement on tm4, but not enough to have to deal with all the smoke.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts