Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Smarty Jr. on my '06, with auto and 3.73's. I've been getting reasonable mileage on the economy setting, although I havent tried running a whole tank through on towing or performance to see what kind of mpg figures I can get, and usually my driving varies which makes it difficult comparing tank to tank. Can anyone advise their experience with their settings for mpg? I understand some may be seeing better economy figures with the higher settings, is this consistent, or does it vary from truck to truck?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
The fuel mileage *should* be the same on all settings...the problem people are probably running into is, with the higher settings they, more than likely, run it harder.

·
Registered
841 Posts
...the problem people are probably running into is, with the higher settings they, more than likely, run it harder.
lol ... aint that the truth :peelout

I'm in the same boat as you striker ... too many variables for accurate comparisons but the mileage seems to be pretty consistent with either tune. I did a full tank on the Economy tune but never noticed any real improvement so I bumped it after that ... it wasn't as much fun.

·
Registered
113 Posts
100hp

I have seen my best mpg gains on the 100 hp setting, as long as i keep my foot out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts