Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally broke down and ordered myself a smarty jr.

Any tips or suggestions for a noob that has never had a programmer? Is it fairly easy to install/use?

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,297 Posts
it looks intimidating, but once you
start playing with it, its easy.

just like when you were 13. bwahahahahaha

you'll love the smarty bud !! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
it looks intimidating, but once you
start playing with it, its easy.

just like when you were 13. bwahahahahaha

you'll love the smarty bud !! :thumbsup:
:lol4::hehe::lol4:

Oh man, I'm still laughin'

I ran it on SW2 TM4 TQ2 because I have a stock tranny/TC. I dyno'd on SW3 stacked w/ EZ and the TC had some shuddering. Fun programmer though.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
what is the different numbers with the tm? like what number does what? and same question with the tq. thanks

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,297 Posts
you can adjust the timing as well as the torque management.
there are very good instructions that come with the smarty.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congrats man.. I like mine so far and Ive only had it on SW1 (TQ2 TM4 - which is the best revo settings from what Ive heard). I would suggest guages if you dont have em already, but other than that, its a real simple programmer to work with and comes with good instructions. Also, bob is a great guy to get help from.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine should be in the mail any day now. cant wait!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats man.. I like mine so far and Ive only had it on SW1 (TQ2 TM4 - which is the best revo settings from what Ive heard). I would suggest guages if you dont have em already, but other than that, its a real simple programmer to work with and comes with good instructions. Also, bob is a great guy to get help from.

Enjoy!

I do have gauges. They were the first mod.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I sold mine Monday. Now, I wanna get either another Jr. or upgrade to a Sr. I miss it already! :doh:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I can't decide wether to hold on to my Jr. and save up for a new tranny...or get the Sr. now and keep it on low settings...Have gauges to put in but waiting to see if my buddy is goin to buy another Dodge or go with a Ford Excursion...ya ya I know...I have been tryin to get him back into a Dodge..but he can't seem to find one he likes or it gets sold out from under him...bad luck...

I love the Jr. and it's ease of use...but I would eventually like to get more power..

·
Registered
68 Posts
get the sr THEN start saving up for a tranny :thumbsup:
That was going to be my plan, but I dont have much self control when it comes to going fast so I would have ended up on level 9 in no time.. I went with JR for this reason heh.. I got it installed today and I am VERY happy.. Truck runs a lot better now..

·
Registered
214 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ x2

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
I can't decide wether to hold on to my Jr. and save up for a new tranny...or get the Sr. now and keep it on low settings...Have gauges to put in but waiting to see if my buddy is goin to buy another Dodge or go with a Ford Excursion...ya ya I know...I have been tryin to get him back into a Dodge..but he can't seem to find one he likes or it gets sold out from under him...bad luck...

I love the Jr. and it's ease of use...but I would eventually like to get more power..
I have been in your shoes. I had the Jr. while saving for my tranny. I still don't have all my money saved but I couldn't wait----I sold my Jr. and bought a Sr.

My suggestion--Keep you Jr. and save, save, save.

The Jr. on SW2 & 3 will give you all you need, power wise, for your stock tranny. I now have the Sr. on SW5 and I think the Jr. on SW2 felt stronger off the line.

Be patient and keep saving. Before you know it you'll have it all saved and then you can play with whatever programmer/module/stack your fuel system will allow.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOOHOO! :party018::headbang:

My smarty jr arrived yesterday, with a 100 grand too. :shock: Thanks Bob.

I didn't have time to play with it much, other than setting it up on SW 1 and reprogramming the speedo for the larger tires. It was extremely easy to use.:thumbsup:

Any suggestions on some settings I should try?

I'm mainly looking for improved mileage when empty, and better performance when loaded with my 9,000 lb fiver. I should add, I'm also NOT looking to replace the tranny anytime soon. I don't "hot rod", I outgrew that a few yrs back, lol. But I do like to blow a little smoke every now and then. :headbang:

·
Registered
89 Posts
^^^^^^^X2.......REVO Settings TM4 and TQ2......lots o smoke with this setting though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
^^^^ x2 TM4 and TQ2 are by far the best revo settings. I would start with sw1 until you get bored and then turn it up to sw2 and so on.. thats what Im doing... kinda like getting a new mod every month or two (or however long you can hold yourself back!! haha)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts