Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
smarty jr./mp-8 stack

Just wondering if any one else has stacked an mp-8 with their jr. I had mine on the 70hp setting with the mp-8 turned up, mileage was down but my foot may have been also. Anyone else have any experience. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I would not turn the mp8 up over 50-60% on stock injectors, it is a very aggressive pressure box.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,

thanks for the tip, the guy at ts performance told me i could just set it wide open. I would still like to hear other experiences with this stack.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smarty jr/mp-8 stack, best settings

Am I the only one to try this stack? has any one else had any experience? what settings work best?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've got the same stack. I can't really tell how much the MP-8 has helped because if I get on it at all on sw2 my clutch slips badly. Just been running around on economy setting and the MP-8 either at 50 or 100%. The MP-8 has made it more responsive and seems like the turbo spools quicker, but I don't know if it has increased MPG at all. Will have my new DD clutch next week then I can see how it does on the 70 and 100 settings.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
findings

thanks for the response, before the mp-8 I was getting 17-17.8 with all my mods,at 65 mph, rpm 1800, lower with the jr. on economey, best of 17.8 on the 100 h.p setting if i keep my foot out of it(not easy) with the mp-8 at about 60% jr. on 100 mpg is at 17.3, first tank at this setting, I think I am going to put the jr. back to stock and see what the mp-8 does by itself.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

Just finished a short test with the truck set back to stock and the mp-8 at 95% mpg 17.2, next is smarty an 70hp(towing)and mp-8 at about 60%

·
Registered
564 Posts
Post back your results, I am seriously considering this stack.

Wood

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update

So another test, smarty jr. on 70 hp setting, mp-8 about 60% 17.6 mpg. these test are done at about 200 mile intervals, on the freeway at 65 mpg. I now have the jr set at 100 hp and the mp-8 at about 75% i will post results in a couple of days.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hell, If you get 65 mpg's your'e beating some of those hybrid mo-fo's! :lol:

Wood

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Hell, If you get 65 mpg's your'e beating some of those hybrid mo-fo's! :lol:

Wood
:lol3::lol3: Actually you polly beating them all. Most of those pie in the sky numbers are way off, most people get in the 40s....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one

boy, one little typo, i will post the results from the 100hp/75% settings in the next day or so.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I knew you didn't mean to type it that way, I just had to take a jab on that one!

Wood

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
re-test

I would expect nothing less, well this test with jr. on 100hp mp-8 at 75% 17.7 mpg, I think i will leave it here for the next tank, just to make sure of the numbers. I just recieved the beta for the jr. I will make the changes next week, I don't know if it was only for smoke or if any thing else changed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i've heard of a few guys gettin 19-20mpg avg on a stock truck. shouldn't a TBE, intake, and smarty help mileage??

·
Registered
211 Posts
I love my jr mp8 stack on my 6.7 feels like a rocket compared to just smarty and my mpg went up a bit as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts