Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smarty jr ME question

13K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  xcc_rider 
#1 ·
I am planning on doing a smarty jr ME with a DPF delete kit, and I have heard many people ssaying different things about the EGR. So I want to get a sure answer before I buy anything. If I want to run a smarty jr and a dpf delete will I have to un plug the egr, or just leave it the way it is? If I do have to un plug the EGR I want to get a delete kit, so I dont want to buy something if I don't have to. Thank you so much for your input

:confused013:

#2 ·
Leave the EGR motor plugged in, then you can delete everything else. I completely removed mine at first, and after reading a thread on here about weather or not to plug it in with the smarty, I plugged the motor back it, and it's a different truck now.

#4 ·
Go to the Mads download page. Actlike your gonna download the ME software, which you'll need anyways, & before it lets you download it, it brings up pictures & directions on exactly how you need to do it.:blues:

#6 ·
looking at these diresctions is a little confusing. I am not sure what I can and can't take off in order not to loose the 40HP. and that is the last thing I want to do.

#7 ·
the egr pulg should remain plugged in
the throttle valve should be unplugged
the plunger should be removed
install delete plates between the intake horn and the egr
install block off plate for the cooler hose
remove the dpf and 2nd cat, install strait pipe in its place

that's it. (you can do more, but i want the factory look under the hood)

#8 ·
I'm at the same place and have read lots of post and am still confused.:confused013:

So you can't just do the DPF delete and leave the egr and load up the smarty?

U have to block the egr and so on.

This is were I'm confused?

I would like to be able to take it back to stock in short order if needed

Thanks

#9 ·
You can leave our egr in place just remove plunger (keep plunger in safe location), plug back in, then unplug the throttle valve plug. Most recommend completely removing the egr and egr cooler. But to put back to stock it takes a lot more. Check out dad2bike posts on how he is doing his deletes his is pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.