Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been messing around with my Jr just doing some testing, as we all seem to do when we got one of these. I first tried sw3, tq1, tm3 and POD set at 85. My truck ran awesome and seemed to be getting great mileage as well. It literally didn't smoke at all (running lean perhaps?) I then switched to sw3, tq1, tm4 and POD on 85 still. My truck seems to pull harder and spool faster on the highway but it will smoke out the car behind me. From what I understand, the lower the smoke, the better the tune is? I'm more or less concerned with the EGT factors. I have searched for these similar settings and other opinions in other posts but I'm not quite seeing what I wanna know. Any input would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
333 Posts
TM 4 will generally be the most smoke, also most power.

So for most power I would use sw3 TM4, TQ2(default)
and for daily driving I like sw3 TM2, TQ4(little more TQ then stock program)

My EGT's look fine running all these tunes. When I tow it looks fine too, but I don't lug it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What are you looking to get out of the Smarty? Most want power and milage. With the auto trans I would put it on SW3 and all on default and then try different timing setting to what the truck likes. Mine runs best on TM 3,TQ 2 is a little to advanced for my truck 3 is a little less advanced.

·
Registered
809 Posts
i thought TQ2 was the highest TQ setting?

·
Registered
331 Posts
i thought TQ2 was the highest TQ setting?
Tq 2 is the highest setting. The settings go 1,4,3,2 1 being the most tq management (least tq to the ground) and 2 being the least torque management (most torque to the ground).

·
Registered
809 Posts
That's what I thought. I run sw3 tq2 tm4. Thanks man

·
Registered
177 Posts
I looked it up and this is what the mnaual said. I didn't realize it was different for the JR over the Smarty. I ran a JR for a while.

Torque
The Torque selection can be programmed

1 - Stock, 2 - Mild, 3 - Soft (less than #2) or 4 - Light (less
than #3).

With the Default torque setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.

The Timing selection can be programmed
1 - Stock, 2 - Smarty-standard, 3 - Mild (less than #2) or 4 - Advanced (more than #2).

With the Default timing setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I can see, my truck likes both settings so far. I think I was getting the best mileage on sw3, tq1, tm3 and POD at 85. With those settings minus the tm set on 4, it just smokes when I step in it. I'm gonna run a tank with my current settings (sw3, tq1, tm4) and see how it goes. I don't hot rod my truck around so I'm not too concerned with tearing up my tranny. I have gauges on order and that will put my mind at peace most of all.

As for what I want out of the Smarty Jr? So far it has been exactly what I expected. Better drivability, better mileage and some awesome power. I'm not trying to Smoke people out or do crazy burnouts, I just want my truck to run better than it did stock.. and it certainly does now.

Thanks for the input so far, guys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an 07 just got the smarty Jr from BlackHawk Diesel. What are the best settings for it I have 100HP Industrail Injection Injectors Hi Fro injection pump 5in Ext Intake elbow full billet trans s&b coldair intake boost fooler and quadzilla zillarater and airdog, any input would be great, Thx

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have an 07 just got the smarty Jr from BlackHawk Diesel. What are the best settings for it I have 100HP Industrail Injection Injectors Hi Fro injection pump 5in Ext Intake elbow full billet trans s&b coldair intake boost fooler and quadzilla zillarater and airdog, any input would be great, Thx
Try sw3 tq2 tm4

·
Registered
177 Posts
Try sw3 tq2 tm4
:agree2: I prefer the way torque 2 drives and torque 2 is still pretty mild. The regular smarty has 2 settings higher than that. I am pretty sure 2 is default as well.

·
Registered
809 Posts
:agree2: I prefer the way torque 2 drives and torque 2 is still pretty mild. The regular smarty has 2 settings higher than that. I am pretty sure 2 is default as well.
2 is the most powerful on the jr

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes but it isn't near as much as toque 3-4 on a smarty s06 is my point. I am quite sure 2 is the default setting on SW3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I made a 220 mile trip last Sunday with the Jr set on sw3, tm4 and tq1. My mileage was pretty lousy surprisingly. I'm gonna try sw3, tm3 and tq1 on this next tank. It also was verrry wind that day, but still not good. It does make the best power with tm on 4.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How FAST did you drive?
What sorta MPG`s?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cruise was set on 70mph, and freshly reset my overhead mileage display and it was on 22.8-23.2 which isn't that great for my truck. It was hand calculated at 20.74 mpg. I have seen better than that though when it was stock.. I haven't had the best weather lately either (lots of wind and cooler temps outside) We'll see how it does on sw3, tm3 and tq1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.