Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Guy New Diesel Dude
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K... does anyone know if there is a cross referenced chart of a Jr. vs Sr.?

In other words, a Smarty Jr. on level 3 is equivalent to Smarty Sr. on level ??. For sake of discussion, let's say they are both POD.

This is important to me as I'm not ready for all of the drivetrain upgrades needed to maximize the use of a Sr. but would love to run something. I keep hearing that generally you don't need to worry about drive train and / or gauges with a Jr. if you're judicial with your usage and don't run boosted launches at every light.. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Old Guy New Diesel Dude
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?? :confused013:

·
Registered
778 Posts
As far as a comparison between the two, I can't help you with that.

But, i just recently purchased a Jr and got some results this past weekend. Even on the lowest setting (SW1) there is a noticeable difference in performance. My towing egt's dropped by 200 degrees, i have alot more boost that happens quicker and mileage has increased.

I had been putting off getting a Jr for a few months now and wished i had done it sooner.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Smarty JR on 3 is just over 100 hp. I believe SR on level 3 is just over a 100 hp. I have the Commander and my truck runs cooler with the Smarty jr on any level over stock.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Smarty Jr.--
-SW1 40hp
-SW2 70 hp
-SW3 100hp

Smarty SR.--
-SW0 Half power, no smoke
-SW1 30 HP+ Timing
-SW2 60 HP
-SW3 60HP+ Timing