Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I put on the smarty Jr. 40 hp tune with Timing on Default and Torque Management on , My boost runs lowers. It will spool if I really get on it ( have not put it to the floor) but it will spool if you get her under some load. I will be leaving for the Smoky Mountains Next Month with our toyhauler (which I have only got to pull once since deletes) and just wondered if there is anything I should do before leaving. I have had the See Dealer on the over head once. Reloaded smarty and all has been for for over 1000 miles now. I should add Im running 5in with a muffler. (I kinda feel the 5in is too big for the low tune) However my miles is now up in the 18s so I got what Im looking for as long as it stays reliable. It just seems like it takes a little longer to build up boost. Could my gauge not be working cause I can start to hear boost build before the gauge shows it. It is an Autometer Electric sender 0-60PSI, can I clean the sensor or should I replace it since it could very well be packed with soot from before deletes.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
why would the 5" be to big? you dont need back pressure or anyhting, i know people running 5" with no power adders

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cleaned the boost sensor for the gauge and it works way better now! I'll see how she does in normal driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts