Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a boost fooler with my Smarty Jr? Has anyone done this ? What was your results/opinions ?:popcorn:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes you can use the smarty with the boost fooler.The smarty is a download programmer.I know thats why my banks system with PDA is coming off my truck.I bought a boost fooler and can not use it right now.IF you are going to run these together you need to put the pillar guages in your truck With a 0-60 psi on the boost and pyrometer 0-1600 for the EGT's

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Smoke for the advise. I have a set of gauges. How much EGTs is too much ? I like my Smarty Jr. For what I do,it works fine. What will I get wiith the boost fooler? Any Hp or MPG imrovement? Or more smoke?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone in your area doing a dyno day, a get together or a cruise in soon?

·
Registered
129 Posts
1350 is the limit. Don't want any hotter than that! Either let off the throttle, use a lower smarty program, or get more air into that thing somehow! Alluminum melts at 1400 degrees.Boost fooler will just get a little more pep in her step.Smoke should be the same.I'm waiting on my clutch before I pull my banks and put the boost fooler and the smarty.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would say you could but there is no need for the boost fooler. This is from the Q&A section on MADS web site.

Q. Does Smarty do the boost fooling function?

A. Yes, all the the softwares in Smarty have modified boost tables in order to allow higher boost without defuelling.
( Except ;SW # 0 and of course Stock ) No external boost fooler is required!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Smarty Jr. How would that work ? Any ideas ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts