Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone esle feel like once the smarty passes 2500 rpms that it defuels/looses power?

We have tried many different combos of settings and get the same results on two different trucks?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
you have a lift pump or upgraded CP3? high RPM fallout is usually rail drain....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea airdog and stage 2, Thats what i think also, but it seems to do it on any setting? He has a edge juice with it and even running it off with the smarty on high, and a pressure module it does it.

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,907 Posts
Can you verify with rail pressure gauge? What is boost doing on the truck is it spiking and then falling back off?

Can you tell us what other mods the truck has (boost fooler intakes boost tubes anything)?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I don't see any dropoff happening. On setting 3 the higher the rpms the harder it pulls. It is very cool to watch the rpm's go to 3000 and it feels like it could go higher.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
my truck on sw-06 will pin the rev limiter in the first 3 gears in a matter of seconds, my boost comes on at 1200 rpms, spins the tires till 3200, barks second and does it again

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Mine revs a little over 3 grand then it's no go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts