Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping out a buddy with a 6.7. He is wanting to run the Smarty S67ME, and I guess my first question is; where do you buy the S67ME, next question; he wants to delete the DPF and EGR without having to buy anything. Can this be done and any additional info will be great! Thanks guys

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
You can buy the S67 from a few of the vendors on here. I would recommend James at Rollin Smoke Diesel he will set you right up.

Now deleting the EGR and DPF is a diff story.

You need something to replace the length of pipe that is the DPF. There are a few threads about this in the powertrain section. To delete the EGR you can just pull the plug. If you want to remove it then you need 2 plates to block the holes. And also a round plug to block off the exhaust tube.

·
IL Chapter VP
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I am helping out a buddy with a 6.7. He is wanting to run the Smarty S67ME, and I guess my first question is; where do you buy the S67ME, next question; he wants to delete the DPF and EGR without having to buy anything. Can this be done and any additional info will be great! Thanks guys
You'll have to get a straight pipe for the DPF and that is all that is needed for the Smarty. You don't have to remove the EGR, all you have to do it take a tiny plunger out of the Servo motor (2 minute job) and you can leave the EGR looking stock, but totally disabled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have basically the same question. I have a Smarty S67 that I bought a year ago. Nowhere in the documentation that came with it or at the Smarty website with the downloads does it mention disabling the DPF or EGR. I assume this is part of updated software that is downloadable, but I would like to confirm that. I like the Smarty S67, but I think their documentation and website suck.

Sooo…if I replace the DPF with a straight pipe, do I need to re-install all the sensors in the straight pipe or just cut the wires or what:confused013:? Where do I find step-by-step instructions? Thanks, Vern.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just installed the Smarty Jr (ME) on my truck, with the simple DPF delete pipe.

I unplugged the temp sensors (2x) and the Oxygen sensor(1x) and left the connectors hanging. I left the Oxygen sensor and temp sensor in the downpipe connected.
I put a threaded plug in the oxygen sensor bung in the delete pipe.

The directions on the website seem to be outdated, and the english is...how you say...nadda suu gooood. (Italian accent)

It is my understanding that if you loaded the ME software onto your smarty, then onto your truck, the DPF and EGR, and everything concerned with those systems, are modified/disabled.

Once I loaded the ME software onto my truck, I fired it up, and there were no warning lights or anthing, so I have to assume that the EGR/DPF is disabled. If it wasn't, there should be a hell of a lot of flashing lights and dinging and my overhead should be yelling at me.

Scott.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I have basically the same question. I have a Smarty S67 that I bought a year ago. Nowhere in the documentation that came with it or at the Smarty website with the downloads does it mention disabling the DPF or EGR. I assume this is part of updated software that is downloadable, but I would like to confirm that. I like the Smarty S67, but I think their documentation and website suck.

Sooo…if I replace the DPF with a straight pipe, do I need to re-install all the sensors in the straight pipe or just cut the wires or what:confused013:? Where do I find step-by-step instructions? Thanks, Vern.
When you go to download the ME software is when you will get to the disclaimer as well as the instructions. It is that way for a reason. At least the instructions are in your face BEFORE downloading and installing. DO NOT install the delete with the S67 installed. As well as DO NOT install the 67ME software with the DPF still installed. Both have very bad results.

I just installed the Smarty Jr (ME) on my truck, with the simple DPF delete pipe.

I unplugged the temp sensors (2x) and the Oxygen sensor(1x) and left the connectors hanging. I left the Oxygen sensor and temp sensor in the downpipe connected.
I put a threaded plug in the oxygen sensor bung in the delete pipe.

The directions on the website seem to be outdated, and the english is...how you say...nadda suu gooood. (Italian accent)

It is my understanding that if you loaded the ME software onto your smarty, then the DPF and EGR, and everything concerned with those systems, are modified/disabled.

Once I loaded the ME software onto my truck, I fired it up, and there were no warning lights or anthing, so I have to assume that the EGR/DPF is disabled. If it wasn't, there should be a hell of a lot of flashing lights and dinging and my overhead should be yelling at me.

Scott.
The EGR is essentially disabled even with the S67 version.

For best results, Always do the ME install at the same time as the deletes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
It is just a bit misleading, because on their website it talks about going into the Revo settings and changing the setting to "1" to disable the DPF.
When I looked for that setting, all I found was the torque and timing.
So, this can be a bit concerning for people like me who are new to the whole delete process.

Scott.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
It is just a bit misleading, because on their website it talks about going into the Revo settings and changing the setting to "1" to disable the DPF.
When I looked for that setting, all I found was the torque and timing.
So, this can be a bit concerning for people like me who are new to the whole delete process.

Scott.
:doh: Yeah that is still from back at 12ME when it was an option in the software. From 14me on up it is all Delete. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
First, let me thank everyone for all the good information. I want to make sure I’ve got this right, I’m a hotshot trucker and can’t have my truck down for several days while I try to figure out some dumb mistake I’ve made.

So…the Smarty site says to eliminate both the DPF AND the catalytic converter, but it sounds like the DPF is the only hardware that needs to be replaced (and that makes sense to me). Is that correct?

Some people have said they want everything to look stock. Does that mean they are gutting the DPF and leaving it in place rather than replacing it with a straight pipe? If so, how are they doing that? I’m just curious. Note: I live in Mississippi, currently no emissions testing, but I do haul nationwide.

Does the 14ME software automatically delete the DPF whether you want to or not? Is it an option to delete or not with the 12 ME software?

Does the 14ME software automatically delete the EGR whether you want to or not? Is it an option to delete or not with the 12 ME software?

Does the 14ME EGR delete mean I wouldn’t have to remove the tiny plunger from the servo motor or do I still have to do that?

Thanks again in advance, Vern.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts