Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who has a smarty on their 2nd gen? How do you like it?

Im thinking about getting one because the fact its so easy to use and reliable.

I looked around and saw they are $649 almost everywhere you go, so for the price is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
oh yea? why do you say so.

my brother has a smarty for his 07' 5.9 and loves the damn thing, but i herd that the smarty's were better for 3rd gens, over 2nd gens. Is that true?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Smartys for 2nd gens are very good for daily driving though, plus with the code reader and tire size adjustment it is very nice. It is worth it just for the daily driving aspect it offers....

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
i have one and the tire adj. is awsome. i have it on econo mode and get almost 17 in city! 22 on highway. it is great for off the line power. not good for top speed power. but it is very versitle with the code reader. the only bad thing is there is only a puff of black smoke off the line and then nuthin else after. gotta stack with something else too for more smoke.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing.... i have wanted a smarty for a while but I don't really know if I want one now. I am wantign something to help the fuel milage out and something that's good for towing.... also, something that'll throw a lil' puff of black stuff.... thought about going with the edge drag comp....any opinions on this??

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
it all depends on what you want out of the truck, personally i don't think the Smarty on the 2nd gen is the best option unless your stacking. i agree w/ barker, do teh Adrenaline that will give you the best of both worlds, it has towing and race levels at the flipm of a switch or push of a button w/ the Pulse monitor. not to mention you're able to make an endless amount of adjustments.

kyle

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive been wondering which one to get for a while now. I was going to go with the adrenaline, but the simplicity of the smarty just tickled my fance. But from what ive seen the quad adrenaline is what i need.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i want to have something that i can go off of, I dont want to buy something that ill have to resell eventually to have to go bigger. thats why i was thinking smarty or quad adrenaline, so i can go up the ladder as build up my truck.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I got mine used on hre for 500. It was by far the best purchase for the truck. I is great drivabality. The pedal responds so much faster to your foot. It DOES help the top end from stock but compaired to other things out there its not the best. When i'm in lockup and hit it it did help out. Dont think its just for acceleration. Its just not the best up top. But i would highly recommend one.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Like I said, the Smarty is awesome for daily driving, plus stack it ontop of another box like an Edge Drag Comp, and it's awesome. Sure an Adrenaline might be better than a Smarty alone, but not a Smarty stack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts