Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IL Chapter VP
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking over the instructions for the SMARTY and am wondering if after removing the egr plunger if you would be able to bolt the EGR back into place rather than wire tying it to something in the engine compartment for more of a look at me I still have all the Al Gore crap on my truck. My brother is getting a bad DPF from the dealer for free and is going to hollow out both cats and the dpf and leave all the sensors, but the pressure lines hooked up, and run his smarty. For more of a stealth look for visual inspections. So back to my original question. Does anyone know if we can put the egr back on the horn after removing the plunger or does it have to be left hanging?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I still need to go find my egr that I took off :banghead:

·
IL Chapter VP
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure! That's the way I did it on my truck!:lol4:
Thanks for the shout out Marco. I want to run as stealth as possible for the random visual as well. Just not as much as my brother.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
261 Posts
What about, that part that says you have to be code free to begin with? Do you really have to be code free before installing S67 and going through all that?

·
Registered
640 Posts
The Smarty can clear codes.

·
IL Chapter VP
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One last question for Marco or anyone else that knows. When removing the crossover tube and blanking off the opening on the cooler what do we use to plug where the tube was removed from the cooler? Do we have to fabricate something or can we pick op something from the autoparts store.
Andy

·
Registered
402 Posts
You can also use a flat piece of 1\8 or 3\16 metal, 1 7\8 round and just put the oem clamp and gasket back on.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If I'm reading it right, I believe you can also just use blocking plates and leave the EGR valve unplugged, IF you leave the other components in place.

I need to find my valve though, as I want to get rid of everything.

·
IL Chapter VP
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ok, I don't have the smarty, but I tried the servo motor trick. I get the P0106 code and boost shoots to 20psi where it would normally be 5-6. Is the servo motor thing something I can only do with the smarty? Boost fluctuates between normal and extremely high. At constant throttle in 1st, it will stay at zero, then spin to 6 psi, then back down to zero. Almost acts like the exhaust brake is on. Unplug the motor and it goes right back to normal. Any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts