Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a Smarty with the Revo. I've got a Van Aaken box that is 60 hp and plugs into the VP. It's supposed to be a fueling and timing box. I've looked at Smarty's website and I'm trying to get a feel for what HP I'm gonna expect.

Is the throttle response gonna be the biggest "seat of the pants" difference? I can tell the Smarty's are popular but is it what I really need. Should I consider an Edge Comp instead?

Its a work truck first, not a Dyno/ HP chaser.

·
Registered
528 Posts
you can stack the smarty with van aaken but if u do use the even numbers on the smarty. I have one stacked with edge ez, made a big difference but i am thinking about selling it wanting bigger injectors.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i just got my smarty this weekend and stacked it with my juice(FP was nonexistent) but anyways it was nice to me it was ballzy on bottom end. i really liked that and it added smoke but i dunno i thought it was fine at 55 i hit the throttle and i could tell it was there just my opinion i think a comp would be better though you can find em cheaper and they are adjustable on the fly, which is kinda nice if your going to tow and dont want to download and undownload etc etc also if you want to buy a comp i have one send me a PM for info -corey

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info so far. I'm still not sold on it for the money. Maybe I would be if i tried one. Is this a tuner that requires Dyno time in order to believe and know what you really have?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i have the smarty stacked with the edge juice/attitude and it is the best thing thats ever happened to me.

The Smarty only adds 65hp tops, but if you had one youd defenitally think it was more then 65hp.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
You can try mine out if you want

1 - 7 of 7 Posts