Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me with installing my drivers for smarty.. i follow all the directions but it still doesnt want to work..i can download the drivers..unzip the file..then plug in smarty..but i cant see the drivers i need any were..any help would be great..i've had smarty for all of 2 days and i'm getting a little frustrated .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded a CDM 2.00.00 and a usb and zip file. i extracted the drivers to another folder..

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Unzip the CDM file to a known location ( a folder like my documents or something that you can remember where to find it )

UNPLUG your computer from the internet physically.... this is the most common mistake when trying to update drivers..... windows thinks it knows what the smarty is and chooses the wrong stuff.

Once unplugged, plug in the smarty to a USB port and let windows recognize it.

Once it starts the update drivers deal choose advanced and select driver from a list, NOW Go find that folder from above and it should be one of the only drivers in there.

follow the rest of the instructions, don't listen to any of the windows warnings..... Microsoft is like the Dodge dealer....

Once completed, you will need schooled on the EXE file and updater

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. I have the driver installed.. ( i selected the driver i saved to my documents in the smarty file ) the icon appeared on the bottom of the screen that said new hardware installed and ready..now what?

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Load the EXE file that was also downloaded. I would not have your smarty plugged in at that time. Once it is installed you need to download tunes / files and start saving them to a place you can find them.

I'd make a truck folder or something on your desktop.

Unzip the file and and remember where it is.

When all downloading and unzipping is complete.

Open up the SMarty EXE program

Plug in Smarty to USB cable

Got to the File menu in the Smarty EXE program > click on open file > browse to the UNZIPPED tuning file > double click it and then hit the SEND button and the file you chose should be written to the Smarty.

It takes some time, so get a few cold ones lined up.

Have fun and call me when you break some parts.... Just joking

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. Now im back to my previous problem again. in my folder i have the Smarty USB.
A Unzipped CDM 2.00.00 File. The Zip tool and the File from smarty im trying to upload.
( Revo ) when i transfer it to the smarty EXE and try to send it, it tells me its not a smarty file? is the problem in the EXE File?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've been trying to install the driver since Nov. I just gave up! I like my Jr. but something really needs to be done about installing drivers. You would thing you could just get a disk or somthing. I'm not completely computer illiterate but come on :hateit:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK I figured it out...Jackthebear3 thanks for all your help..i couldnt of done it with out you. i owe you one. now i can start to play..ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
my download saved as a *.7z file. Do I need to rename it to a *.smt file to get it to open?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts