Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it a good idea and how much power will it make estimated

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
great stack the smarty is good for about 65 hp. The more mods you have to your truck the better the smarty preforms

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
is it a good idea and how much power will it make estimated
A lot of people have said that stacking the smarty will degrade you power a bit but the low end torque is unreal.

In my truck the stock clutch cant hold the power at all in 4th and 5th... In 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear it will roast the tires...
:peelout

·
Registered
435 Posts
I used to have the Comp/Smarty stack, The two together smoked, ALOT. Throttle respone was great, but the jumpy pedal, and not being able to use cruise cont. was not. The top end above 2200 rpm was less than stellar.

I like my Adrenaline much better. Depending on what tune i'm runnin, the smoke is less, and the throttle response is as good if not better. and all of the tunes pull hard past 3000 rpms.

Hope my $.02 helps:thumbsup

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
yeah the smarty comp stack will work better for towing purposes but if you are going for speed the adrenaline will be better. or you could do the smarty tst stack and have tons of fun with that.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i made the hp/tq in my sig this year with my mods listed. i can clear all my smoke with the ps 62/14 so that tells me i'm out of fuel. but i like my smarty alot, yea it's a little smokey in the summer but the low end is worth it and sometimes it helps spool the turbo better and smokes less. go figure?? upgrade that comp to a drag and have a good time with that.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump

just bumping to get more opinions:popcorn:

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
Great stack, but only if you run Smarty on even numbers, odd numbers add timing. The edge already has timing & too much is not good. I ran a Drag/Smarty stack for a couple years & loved it, but that was before I got the Adrenaline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts