Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been discussed before but I could not find a thread discussing it. I recently upgraded to an S-06 and went level 9, TQ moderate, TM mild and boost control stock. I have noticed that when I have my foot into the throttle the boost will shoot up to 35psi and then quickly drop back to 30 and maintain 30. It will do this from a stop or doing 70mph....is this because of the boost control setting on the Smarty? Should I turn off boost control or would that be unsafe for a pretty much stock engine? My Smarty Jr would maintain 35psi if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Boost control? Are you meaning wastegate

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wastegate control, thats what I meant sorry. My Smarty Jr would stay up near 35psi, shouldnt the S-06 atleast do that? Is it bad to turn the wastegate control off on a basically stock engine?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hope not. Mine has been turned off for 3 years.

·
Premium Member
15,615 Posts
WG control is completely seprate from the boost tables. Turning off the WG with Smarty will not ever open the WG. Thats fine if you drive by the boost and use your right foot, on SW9 the DP in the turbo is a killer though.

Mine has been disconnected, solenoid bad, crimped with vice grips for 4 years with no issues. It depends on how you use the throttle and what power levels you are playing with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.